Selecting an item from a drop down field

Hi folks

Need your help again.

I am currently working on automating a .Net application. This application has a form with drop down menus in it. Something like;

Posted Image

I need to select an item from the menu, say \"Green\" (based on the string and not the item sequence number) and then click OK.

The problem is that i have tried several approaches but i am unable to select an item from the drop down. Nothing seems to happen.

Can anyone help me stamp out the stupidity that i have forced in on my code?

btw, the field is a combobox where typing of text is disabled.

WinActivate(\"AppWindow\")

ControlCommand(\"AppWindow\",\"Name:\",\"[CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:2]\",\"SelectString\",\"Standard\")
ControlSend(\"AppWindow\",\"Name:\",\"[CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:2]\",\"{ENTER}\")
MsgBox(0, \"\", \"Block 1:Continue??!!\")

ControlListView(\"AppWindow\",\"Name:\",\"[CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:2]\",\"Select\",\"Standard\")
ControlSend(\"AppWindow\",\"Name:\",\"[CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:2]\",\"{ENTER}\")
MsgBox(0, \"\", \"Block 2:Continue??!!\")

$NameIndex = ControlListView(\"AppWindow\",\"Name:\",\"[CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:2]\",\"FindItem\",\"Standard\")
If $NameIndex <> -1 Then
    ControlListView(\"AppWindow\",\"Name:\",\"[CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:2]\",\"Select\",$NameIndex)
    ControlSend(\"AppWindow\",\"Name:\",\"[CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:2]\",\'{ENTER}\')
Else
    MsgBox(0,\'Not Found\',$NameIndex & \' was not found.\')
EndIf

#include <GuiListView.au3>
$hwnd = ControlGetHandle(\"AppWindow\",\"Name:\",\"[CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:2]\")
For $i = 0 to _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hwnd)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($hwnd,$i,True)
Next
ControlSend(\"AppWindow\",\"Name:\",\"[CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:2]\",\'{ENTER}\')
Edited by Rishav

Automating .Net forms is usually a difficult and sometimes disastrous process. The class names are generated at runtime and usually aren't the same between runs. Try looking at the form with the window tool again and you can see what I mean.

There's a script floating around in the example scripts named "anygui" or something like that. See if that will help you.