Chat Control :) (looks better)

ludocus

so with this program (if your admin) you can chat and control!!!

I hope you like it!!

(ps: thnx to kips OnEvent tcp udf!)

here it is:

ChatControl.zip

Previous downloads: 5

screenshot:

Posted Image

Enjoy!

btw: Cd Laatje = (dutch for) Cd Tray

Updated it a little: now able to ban a user..

you will need CustomBox.au3 (wich is in my sig): Forum topic

Edited by ludocus

I have a qeustion:

my Ip-adress is weird.. so I cant run a server on my ip..

can someone else do this and then send me his ip so I can see if I can join chat?? Please?

I have no idea how to run your script :P

can you give some simple instruction? I don't want to have to read it to work out what I have to do.

I expected that the server runs on one machine and the client on another but that is obviously not the case.

So I thought maybe the server is used by all clients but that isn't correct either.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

you can run a server and a client on one machine..

but I think you should also be able to run a server on a machine and some clients on other machines..

so then you would have to give me your @IPAddress1 so I can put that in my client..

then you can just run the server and the client.. and I should be able to connect to your server!

I have no idea how to run your script :(

can you give some simple instruction? I don't want to have to read it to work out what I have to do.

I expected that the server runs on one machine and the client on another but that is obviously not the case.

So I thought maybe the server is used by all clients but that isn't correct either.

You must run first the server and then a client. If nickname is 'admin' you must enter the password 'depass'. :P

When the words fail... music speaks.

you can run a server and a client on one machine..

but I think you should also be able to run a server on a machine and some clients on other machines..

so then you would have to give me your @IPAddress1 so I can put that in my client..

then you can just run the server and the client.. and I should be able to connect to your server!

I would like to know what I should do to try this out on a local area network.

I run the server on some PC. I run a client on the same PC. In the list of users it says "admin"

I run a client on a second PC and I give a user name. There is nothing in the list of users.

The list of users on the first PC still says only "admin"

What should I do to get it to work?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

in the client (that you put on second PC) change @IPAddress1 with your ip adress (wich is @IPAddress1)

/edit

what is your @IPAddress1 (so I can connect to your server)

Edited by ludocus

in the client (that you put on second PC) change @IPAddress1 with your ip adress (wich is @IPAddress1)

/edit

what is your @IPAddress1 (so I can connect to your server)

You mean you have a chat program which won't work unless you modify the source code?

You can't be serious.

@martin: well yeh.. Because its pretty hard for me to be the server because my ip address doesn't allow to.. Do you understand a chat system??

Probably not :P

I thought it would allow me to talk to someone on another PC. So in that case I thought there would be a server, which would find which PC's have the client running and then add them to the list. Then one user on one PC shpould be able to communicate with another user.

If this is intended for internet wide chat then it makes more sense to me that you have a fixed IP in the source, but I would still think that it would be better to have it in an ini say, and have an option for the user to set it.

I tried changing $ip to be the IP addres of the pc running the server and it works great!

I think that if it is on a LAN then there should be a broadcat message to locate a server and then get a reply which tells the client the ip address to use.

If I send you my ip presumably I need to set port forwarding on port 88. Let me know if you want my ip and I'll PM you with it.

I would like your Ip Adress so I can connect to you!..

and then maybe I can make you the server (so I add your ip adress in the client that I upload)..

so nobody has server except you and everybody has client connecting to your server :P..

btw: the client just needs to use 1 ip adress (maybe yours) so no need that the server broadcasts the correct ip

Edited by ludocus

I would like your Ip Adress so I can connect to you!..

and then maybe I can make you the server (so I add your ip adress in the client that I upload)..

so nobody has server except you and everybody has client connecting to your server :P..

Oh no. I don't mind trying it out between you and me but if you give out my ip to anyone else then no thanks.

btw: the client just needs to use 1 ip adress (maybe yours) so no need that the server broadcasts the correct ip

My point is that if you use the client on a LAN then it would be nice if it could work for any LAN. So the server could detect a broadcast message, (which only applies to LANs anyway), and reply with the ip address to use. Then anyone can run the server on any pc, and chat between whichever pcs have clients running.

EDIT:

If you kick someone then the admin is cleared from the list of users as well!

Edited by martin

ok ill not give it to anyone..

can we test it now?

Can't PM you.