_IENavigate crashes AutoIt on non-standard URL

I've got a major problem that I can't seem to find a work around for anywhere. Whenever I use the _IENavigate function on an embedded IE object the navigation WORKS, but my AutoIT script crashes with the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\test\Desktop\scripts\sngnav.au3 (7) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Now, I really don't care that it crashes except that it stops the script and exits. If there was some way to keep this from happening I don't care if it throws error codes all day long, but a big pop-up error box and crash when compiled is not acceptable.

I'm not sure if it's EVERY non-standard URL but this will do it every time.

The code is:

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IEAttach("SitNGo Wizard", "embedded", 1)
$val = _IEBodyReadHTML ($oIE)
$whatev = $oIE.navigate("game:1292437712" )

$val (IEBodyRead) works fine, and a snippet of the returned HTML is this:

<DIV class=table_row>
<DIV class=col-icon></DIV>
<DIV class=col-m-l title="Game Number"><A href="                    game:1292437712">35</A></DIV>
<DIV class=col-w-l title="Game ID"><A href="                    game:1292437712">1292437712</A></DIV>

Like I said the navigation does succeed and I get to the page I want to go to, but BIG CRASH. help!!!

try to use _IENavigate($oIE,"game:1292437712")

what does ", 1)" stands for in this script, didnt finde it in help file for the _IEAttach func.

ether way, im using older wersion of autoit and your script dont have errors on my redirect to game:1292437712 not on your case not on my case

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate("www.google.com")
_IENavigate($oIE,"game:1292437712")
While 1
WEnd

did you try with only $oIE = _IEAttach("win title") to see if itl work?

did you geave whall code? if noone can see the site its hard to attach to something that you dono what it is, and to try to reproduce error

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Well, it only seems to crash with embedded internet explorer objects. www.google.com isn't embedded, so that probably won't help you reproduce it. The specific program I'm using (SNG Wizard) is a free program - You could download it (just google it) and see if you can reproduce it in the main navigation area.

I've tried it both ways (with _IENavigate) and they both crash in the same way. The "1" is the IE object instance number. It works with or without it.

Thanks for your help and response!!

- Justin

try to use _IENavigate($oIE,"game:1292437712")

what does ", 1)" stands for in this script, didnt finde it in help file for the _IEAttach func.

ether way, im using older wersion of autoit and your script dont have errors on my redirect to game:1292437712 not on your case not on my case

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate("www.google.com")
_IENavigate($oIE,"game:1292437712")
While 1
WEnd

did you try with only $oIE = _IEAttach("win title") to see if itl work?

did you geave whall code? if noone can see the site its hard to attach to something that you dono what it is, and to try to reproduce error