ping on background?

gadelat

Sorry for my previous short post, when i sent it, autoit forum server got out of order. I wanted to say that i'am using onEvent mode, but speed is same as in MessageLoop, i tested it. Below is code which i'm using now. It works fine when ping is under 400-500ms, but after that i really feel lagging (every 2sec). Maybe is martin in #13 right and it needs only changing time in AdlibEnable, but i think while is AdlibEnable function executing, it pauses the script and this is written in autoit help too. So if i change time in adlibenable to 4000ms, it will only lagging every 4sec. However, i can't test it now, because i am home this weekend and here're pings ~40ms so speed of script is very good.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

AdlibEnable("doping", 2000)
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

$mainwindow = GUICreate("lamp", 170, 25)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_quit")
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Internet connection:", 40, 5)
$net = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(145,7,20,10)
GUICtrlSetGraphic($net, $GUI_GR_ELLIPSE, 0,0, 11,11)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    Sleep(40)
WEnd

Func doping()
    ConsoleWrite("doing the ping thing" & @CRLF)
    $online = Ping("216.239.59.99")
    ConsoleWrite($online & @CRLF)

If $online > 0 Then
        GUICtrlSetGraphic($net, $GUI_GR_COLOR, 0x00ff00, 0x00ff00)
        GUICtrlSetGraphic($net, $GUI_GR_ELLIPSE, 0,0, 10,10)
        GUICtrlSetGraphic($net, $GUI_GR_REFRESH)
    Else
        GUICtrlSetGraphic($net, $GUI_GR_COLOR, 0xff0000, 0xff0000)
        GUICtrlSetGraphic($net, $GUI_GR_ELLIPSE, 0,0, 10,10)
        GUICtrlSetGraphic($net, $GUI_GR_REFRESH)
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func _quit()
    Exit
EndFunc

I tryed dllcall too (examples in #10, #15 and #17, #14 i couldn't implement), but it looks like it shows status of my network adapter, but i need verify connection to any server on internet.

#14 was just an example of using the dll call to set the staes of controls if you lost the connection.

Using the dll call and referencing element [0] tells you if you do or do not have an internet connection whereas using ping will really only tell you if you are getting a response from the server that you pinged, which will not happen if that particular server happens to be down.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"