$GUI_DISABLE on label without style change - how?

As I have an Input Control above a label, the label has to be disabled that the input is clickable. But i don't want the label changing his style when disabled (especially font color)

"It's easier to disintegrate an atom than a prejudice." (A.Einstein)---------------------------------------------------------------------------My C++ - tools:Tidy tool-->indents your c++ sourceCleanscript --> cleans autoit-code before compiling (co-author: peethebee)My tools:GUIBuilder-->build your window and get the source; german versionMy Games:OnlineGameCenter-->Online Chess and Connect4 with a rtf-chatSnake-->including a level editor to build your own levelsTetris-->the well known game, big funOther things:Tower of Hanoi-->perfect riddler with graphic output

Just set the background color to the color you want after it's disabled. Provides the same effect.

but the font color still is the same.

I want the font color to be black in a disabled label. guictrlsetbkcolor or guictrlsetcolor doesn't help there.

"It's easier to disintegrate an atom than a prejudice." (A.Einstein)---------------------------------------------------------------------------My C++ - tools:Tidy tool-->indents your c++ sourceCleanscript --> cleans autoit-code before compiling (co-author: peethebee)My tools:GUIBuilder-->build your window and get the source; german versionMy Games:OnlineGameCenter-->Online Chess and Connect4 with a rtf-chatSnake-->including a level editor to build your own levelsTetris-->the well known game, big funOther things:Tower of Hanoi-->perfect riddler with graphic output

As I have an Input Control above a label, the label has to be disabled that the input is clickable. But i don't want the label changing his style when disabled (especially font color)

Labels don't change color when their style is $GUI_DISABLE.

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

Labels don't change color when their style is $GUI_DISABLE.

The font color changes from black to grey.

The font color changes from black to grey.

Just ran a test and it didn't do it, weird.

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

Just ran a test and it didn't do it, weird.

using vista os...maybe that's the problem :-(

That's not the font color, that's what disable does, it grays things out :P

How do i stop it doing such bad things? :(

How do i stop it doing such bad things? :P

It's not clear to me why you need to disable the label. When you say the input is above the label do you mean on top of it?
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

It's not clear to me why you need to disable the label. When you say the input is above the label do you mean on top of it?

as you can see on this picture i want to have a line of points under the inputs, therefore the label with the points and the input must have the same position. If i create the input after the label it's viewable on top of the label but i can't click into the inputcontrol as long as the label is enabled.

post-7212-1223505678_thumb.jpg

as you can see on this picture i want to have a line of points under the inputs, therefore the label with the points and the input must have the same position. If i create the input after the label it's viewable on top of the label but i can't click into the inputcontrol as long as the label is enabled.

If the label is just for showing the dots then reduce the height of the label control to just a few pixels so that it does not overlap the the edit control. You should then be able to click in the edit control OK.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

If the label is just for showing the dots then reduce the height of the label control to just a few pixels so that it does not overlap the the edit control. You should then be able to click in the edit control OK.

That's what i tried, but the label is only showing text when there is enough space for it and somehow that has to be really much space, more than 10 pixels even if the font size is tiny.

That's what i tried, but the label is only showing text when there is enough space for it and somehow that has to be really much space, more than 10 pixels even if the font size is tiny.

You can make the font as large as you like and you don't need to disabale the label. All you have to do is create the input before the label and set the label style to $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Choices Dialog", 353, 256, 303, 219)
GUISetIcon("D:\007.ico")
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Input1", 104, 40, 121, 21)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xE0E2EB)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("...................", 106, 44, 185, 85, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 18, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

You can make the font as large as you like and you don't need to disabale the label. All you have to do is create the input before the label and set the label style to $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Choices Dialog", 353, 256, 303, 219)
GUISetIcon("D:\007.ico")
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Input1", 104, 40, 121, 21)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xE0E2EB)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("...................", 106, 44, 185, 85, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 18, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd
Thank you very much. That's what i searched.