Magic Wand

monoceres

Absolutely impressive!! THANKS for sharing! I already created a folder in my AutoIt Projects called "monoceres" which has only your stuff in it. ;-)

Do you come up with those ideas yourself or have you seen it somewhere before?

And why are there two .au3-files in the archive?

The only real difference are two lines of code in the close function that are present in "Magic Wand.au3" but not in the other one.

_GDIPlus_BrushDispose($blackbrush)

_GDIPlus_BrushDispose($blacktrans)

All the other differences have no impact on the script since those are differences f.e in 1 comment, and the rest is just "spaces" and empty lines f.e. once it's "@CRLF&@CRLF", while in the other file it's "@CRLF & @CRLF".

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln - http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://www.freedocumentaries.org/

Absolutely impressive!! THANKS for sharing! I already created a folder in my AutoIt Projects called "monoceres" which has only your stuff in it. ;-)

Do you come up with those ideas yourself or have you seen it somewhere before?

And why are there two .au3-files in the archive?

The only real difference are two lines of code in the close function that are present in "Magic Wand.au3" but not in the other one.

_GDIPlus_BrushDispose($blackbrush)

_GDIPlus_BrushDispose($blacktrans)

All the other differences have no impact on the script since those are differences f.e in 1 comment, and the rest is just "spaces" and empty lines f.e. once it's "@CRLF&@CRLF", while in the other file it's "@CRLF & @CRLF".

I'm blushing :P

Pure imagination, but often I don't know how the animations are going to look when starting, this one for example was from the beginning just supposed to be an example of particles traveling around, but then I start to add things and, well it gets larger :idea:

Some of the things happens by coincidence, for example the trail you can see on the particles are the result of me accidentally changing the alpha channel when clearing the backbuffer (everything on screen had a trail), I thought it looked cool so I fixed it so only the particles had a trail and voila!

The one called Magic Wand is the latest one, the other one just happen to survive when I created the archive.

:(

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Great stuff monoceres. You never cease to amaze me. I have a feature request for you. Change direction/rotate angle of wand. :P

edit: i dig the spread.

Edited by spudw2k
Spoiler

Things I've Made: Always On Top Tool ◊ AU History ◊ Deck of Cards ◊ HideIt ◊ ICU ◊ Icon Freezer ◊ Ipod Ejector ◊ Junos Configuration Explorer ◊ Link Downloader ◊ MD5 Folder Enumerator ◊ PassGen ◊ Ping Tool ◊ Quick NIC ◊ Read OCR ◊ RemoteIT ◊ SchTasksGui ◊ SpyCam ◊ System Scan Report Tool ◊ System UpTime ◊ Transparency Machine ◊ VMWare ESX Builder
Misc Code Snippets: ADODB Example ◊ CheckHover ◊ Detect SafeMode ◊ DynEnumArray ◊ GetNetStatData ◊ HashArray ◊ IsBetweenDates ◊ Local Admins ◊ Make Choice ◊ Recursive File List ◊ Remove Sizebox Style ◊ Retrieve PNPDeviceID ◊ Retreive SysListView32 Contents ◊ Set IE Homepage ◊ Tickle Expired Password ◊ Transpose Array
Projects: Drive Space Usage GUI ◊ LEDkIT ◊ Plasma_kIt ◊ Scan Engine Builder ◊ SpeeDBurner ◊ SubnetCalc
Cool Stuff: AutoItObject UDF â—Š Extract Icon From Proc â—Š GuiCtrlFontRotate â—Š Hex Edit Funcs â—Š Run binary â—Š Service_UDF

Thanks for the comments, it really gives me a great start of the day :P

Great stuff monoceres. You never cease to amaze me. I have a feature request for you. Change direction/rotate angle of wand. :(

edit: i dig the spread.

I had that in mind, I just need a fast way to rotate the image.

I found out by myself, since you didn't say in your thread, that if you scroll the mouse wheel, it will change the degree of angle in which it projects from :idea:

Try pressing 'H' to view more commands :)

Very cool use of GDI, you should look here from some inspiration on your next project:

http://www.levitated.net/daily/index.html

What an awesome website!

I just found my muse :P

Runs pretty fast too. You know, I tried to recreate the Windows "Starfield" screensaver once with the GDI functions, but after I got a few dozen stars going it ran like a turtle. :P

I'm currently translating this to C++, then you will see speed (multi-threading and everything) ;)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!