Magic Wand

monoceres

Just finished the C++ version, god I wished AutoIt was OOP...

The speed is impressive, I tested render 10000 particles and still got 19-20 FPS :P

I provided the source for the C++ version as well, it was created with Visual Studio 2008 Express.

Download link:

http://monoceres.se/Uploads/Magic_Wand_Package.zip

If can't run the C++ exe then you might need to download and install Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable

:(

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

:P ?

The application failed to start because of side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the Application event log for more detail.

Using C++ Compiled.

Did you try the redist package I linked to?

Sorry, I was too anxious to read the rest of the post and went and downloaded it. :P Nice job dude, I think it would be a nice screensaver if you just like clicked in the middle...and didn't let the particles go over 5000. That'd be pretty sweet! Good job!

Just finished the C++ version, god I wished AutoIt was OOP...

The speed is impressive, I tested render 10000 particles and still got 19-20 FPS :P

I provided the source for the C++ version as well, it was created with Visual Studio 2008 Express.

Download link:

http://monoceres.se/Uploads/Magic_Wand_Package.zip

If can't run the C++ exe then you might need to download and install Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable

:(

Try using Direct3D over GDI+ and you'll get an even larger performance increase. (If done correctly, you could probably go well over 100 FPS when rendering 10,000 particles).

Anyways, really nice. Good job. :idea:

Try using Direct3D over GDI+ and you'll get an even larger performance increase. (If done correctly, you could probably go well over 100 FPS when rendering 10,000 particles).

Anyways, really nice. Good job. :(

Yeah, it would be awesome, I really should increase my skills in Direct3D, you can do so awesome things in Direct3D when you get a hand of it (I never did anything more advanced than putting lightning on that teapot).

Yup, that's my next project, Direct3D :P

Edited by monoceres

Yeah, it would be awesome, I really should increase my skills in Direct3D, you can do so awesome things in Direct3D when you get a hand of it (I never did anything more advanced than putting lightning on that teapot).

Yup, that my next project, Direct3D :P

good luck I'm sure you'll do great :(
code

Yup, that my next project, Direct3D :P

If you did that on your own, then that is really good. (Lights never work for me :idea:)

Shaders allow you to do some pretty amazing things - mine as well learn them anyways because the Fixed Function Pipeline is slowly (or quickly?) being taken out of the picture. In newer cards, the Fixed Function Pipeline is actually emulated now, if I'm not mistaken.

Well, good luck with Direct3D. :(

• 8 months later...

Wow! That is really Cool. With the wand set to 360 it reminds me of a firework show! Great job!