Context menu for the system icon

Zaxon

When you run a autoit script, an icon comes up in the system tray. I'd like to add functionality to that icon, in the same manner which other system tray icons have.

* right click the icon brings up a context menu

* double click the icon calls a function

I know of GUICtrlCreateContextMenu which requires a controlID. This is something we don't have, since it isn't a control as such. So I'm kind of lost.

Also, I'd like it to be event driven, so that the program would lie dormant when not in use.

Can someone steer me in the right direction?

You can't actually modify the system tray icon menu at the moment. I know someone (I think it was Holger, but apologies if I'm giving credit to the wrong person) was working on a bunch of functions for playing with the system tray icon menu, but these aren't even in a beta version yet. Since 3.0.103 (sorry, mean 3.1) is at feature freeze I don't expect to see them till the betas after this is released. And by expect, I mean hope and pray dearly as this is something I would like to do too :-)

Edited by Chris_1013

You can't actually modify the system tray icon menu at the moment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, that's a shame. Yes, I think it would be a common requirement.

Let's find a workaround:

If you assume that you want your program to mostly sit idle in the background, what triggers do we have to activate it?

1) hotkeys

2) minimize it, leave it hanging around, then maximize it when you want it back again

Any other entry points to activate a background program?