Open and Run Macro In Open Office 2.2

RandyB

I have a worksheet that i would like to set to automatically Print once a week for work.

I Created the Worksheet in OpenOffice2.2, and have already created a macro in the programto do the print job.

I Need help Writing a script to:

1) Open a certain OOcalc file.

2) Open the file on Friday afternoon

3) Run The Macro

I have never used AutoIt Before and would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,

Randy

Welcome to the forum! A good way to learn AutoIt is review AutoIt 1 2 3. It will teach you the basics in quick order, and get you on your way to quickly making your own scripts.

In answering your question, there are several ways to do what you want, but I do not have OpenOffice installed. There may be a method of using the scheduler along with a simple script to do the job.

You will first need to download the AutoIt suite. This includes the SciTe editor. Once you have it downloaded and installed, review AutoIt 1 2 3, and then give it a try to see if you can script it. You will find you will quickly pick up the basics on how to do what you need.

Welcome to the forum! A good way to learn AutoIt is review AutoIt 1 2 3. It will teach you the basics in quick order, and get you on your way to quickly making your own scripts.

In answering your question, there are several ways to do what you want, but I do not have OpenOffice installed. There may be a method of using the scheduler along with a simple script to do the job.

You will first need to download the AutoIt suite. This includes the SciTe editor. Once you have it downloaded and installed, review AutoIt 1 2 3, and then give it a try to see if you can script it. You will find you will quickly pick up the basics on how to do what you need.

I have already installed AutoIt suite, I am having problems trying to run the .ods file

I have already installed AutoIt suite, I am having problems trying to run the .ods file

The error I made until reading up on it was using Run() to try and open a file when I should have been using ShellExecute(), sounds like that may be the issue here.

Is it showing an error when you run it in AutoIt? If you try to run it from SciTe when you press F5, you should see the output in the console pane telling you what is wrong.

Second question - if you simply double click on the file in Windows Explorer, will it run?

Thank you for making me look at it a little better.

The very Start of my Command was incorrect. but i just fixed it and got it Running. thank you guys for all your help and like i said i am just learning the program so i will probably need your help again.

Again, Thank you so much.