Treeview Updating

Demonic

I was wondering hpw to constantly update a treeview with new information that is retrived from a file. some of the data will stay that same but uhm simply be moved to a different section of the treeview. so how do i delete everything in the treeview and re add it(without major flicker).

I was wondering hpw to constantly update a treeview with new information that is retrived from a file. some of the data will stay that same but uhm simply be moved to a different section of the treeview. so how do i delete everything in the treeview and re add it(without major flicker).

Use _GUICtrlTreeView_BeginUpdate() before starting your update, then _GUICtrlTreeView_EndUpdate() after it's done. The display of the control will not be refreshed while new data is put in, so no flicker.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

the same data may be added more than once and is updated every 3 seconds so if i do not first delete the data the same data is put on the list twice, and if i delete all data the section collapses(anoying to have ti close every 3 seconds) so i have it re expand but it gives a flickeryish effect.

the same data may be added more than once and is updated every 3 seconds so if i do not first delete the data the same data is put on the list twice, and if i delete all data the section collapses(anoying to have ti close every 3 seconds) so i have it re expand but it gives a flickeryish effect.

Too much talk, not enough code.

The text of treeview nodes can be changed without deleting them by _GUICtrlTreeView_SetText(). The logic of your loop should prevent adding multiple instances of nodes that already exist, and should prevent any update at all if nothing has changed. You have a logic issue with your update process.

Post a short reproducer script that creates a treeview with your options, and the update loop, so we can see what you are doing.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Look at _GUICtrlTreeView_Expand()