Is there the Exclude option when copying file/dir?

Archer

Hi, all

Is there the Exclude option when copying files/dirs? I don't want to copy some dirs/files in some folders.

I think I can make a file list to exclude the files/dirs that I dislike, but it seems that it is not the best way.

So, if some function in AutoIt could support that option, it would be great!

Any advice? thanks!

Regards,

Archer

Hi there Archer,

I dont know if you want to create a gui to that script or if you want to copy a lot of files, but try to check FileOpenDialog.

I beliave its going to help you if you want a gui.

An exclude file is possible... what do you have in mind? Exclude dir and some kind of files? Files that starts with an 'A'?

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

Hi there Archer,

I dont know if you want to create a gui to that script or if you want to copy a lot of files, but try to check FileOpenDialog.

I beliave its going to help you if you want a gui.

An exclude file is possible... what do you have in mind? Exclude dir and some kind of files? Files that starts with an 'A'?

Cheers

Thanks for your help. :P I'm not using GUI.......

However, I have already implement some script to achieve my goal that copy some files to remote server and something. I don't want to copy... for example

Build

|---external

| |----Artifact

| | |----CD

| | |----Image (NOT COPY!!!)

| |----ISO ( NOT COPY!!! )

|

|---internal (NOT COPY!!!)

I dont want to the 3 folders, ISO, Image and internal, in different levels. I used DirCopy() in my script, so I would like to find a work round to exclude some files/dirs in order to save my time. :(

Archer

• Moderators

You can look for _FileListToArrayEx by me in the Example Script forum, _FileListToArray_New??? << not sure on the name on that one, but it's by Randallc, and one that weaponx made one as well. I believe all 3 of us added an exclusion option.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You can look for _FileListToArrayEx by me in the Example Script forum, _FileListToArray_New??? << not sure on the name on that one, but it's by Randallc, and one that weaponx made one as well. I believe all 3 of us added an exclusion option.

Thanks.

Just now I saw that.

That means that I have to spend some time to modify the script.

Err, I will do this if I cannot find the solution based on my present script. :P