Changing ControlID

Is there a way to deal with a changing control ID?

I got a update program from a vendor and of course they use a custom installer to install the update;

most of my code is just the send command to send enter, but the last screen has a check box that is checked by default to start the program, and I want to uncheck it. I have tried to use the controlID and it seems to be changing????? Any Idea's?

Edited by StephenSr

I got a update program from a vendor and of course they use a custom installer to install the update;

most of my code is just the send command to send enter, but the last screen has a check box that is checked by default to start the program, and I want to uncheck it. I have tried to use the controlID and it seems to be changing????? Any Idea's?

you can do Mouseclick("LEFT", $xcoord,$ycoord) if the window doesnt move.

You don't have to use ControlID.

This description can be used to identify a control by the following properties:

ID - The internal control ID. The Control ID is the internal numeric identifier that windows gives to each control. It is generally the best method of identifying controls. In addition to the AutoIt Window Info Tool, other applications such as screenreaders for the blind and Microsoft tools/APIs may allow you to get this Control ID

TEXT - The text on a control, for example "&Next" on a button

CLASS - The internal control classname such as "Edit" or "Button"

CLASSNN - The ClassnameNN value as used in previous versions of AutoIt, such as "Edit1"

REGEXPCLASS - Control classname using a regular expression

X \ Y \ W \ H - The position and size of a control.

INSTANCE - The 1-based instance when all given properties match.

I can do signature me.