run a function when I say a something at the microphone

oMBRa

well you could

1)have the script autodownload and install the package

2)find out what compenents of the package are needed and put them in a folder, and include that with your script and have the script install the nessicary files

3)vista has the sdk already built in so if you distributed on windows vista computers the package wouldnt needed to be installed

with a quick search you could have found this: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ech+recognition

Thats really awesome!

Two questions maybe somebody can answer:

1) The states don't seem to work. I still have to click the button when it pops up. (I'm on Vista)

2) How do I use the "MYEvent_Recognition" function to get the text?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I've got a nice simple solution that uses the SAPI ListBox ActiveX control that comes with Microsoft's Speech SDK 5.1.

It's called the SAPIListBox UDF, and allows an AutoIT script to respond to a spoken words / phrases from a predefined list of items. Click on this link to access the UDF.

Cheers, Sean.

See my other UDFs:

Chrome UDF - Automate Chrome | SAP UDF - Automate SAP | Java UDF - Automate Java Applications & Applets | Tesseract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications, controls and the desktop | Textract (OCR) UDF - Capture text from applications and controls | FileSystemMonitor UDF - File, Folder, Drive and Shell Monitoring | VLC (Media Player) UDF - Creating and controlling a VLC control in AutoIT | Google Maps UDF - Creating and controlling Google Maps (inc. GE) in AutoIT | SAPIListBox (Speech Recognition) UDF - Speech Recognition via the Microsoft Speech (SAPI) ListBox | eBay UDF - Automate eBay using the eBay API | ChildProc (Parallel Processing) UDF - Parallel processing functions for AutoIT | HyperCam (Screen Recording) UDF - Automate the HyperCam screen recorder | Twitter UDF - Automate Twitter using OAuth and the Twitter API | cURL UDF - a UDF for transferring data with URL syntax

See my other Tools:

Rapid Menu Writer - Add menus to DVDs in seconds | TV Player - Automates the process of playing videos on an external TV / Monitor | Rapid Video Converter - A tool for resizing and reformatting videos | [topic130531]Rapid DVD Creator - Convert videos to DVD fast and for free | ZapPF - A tool for killing processes and recycling files | Sean's eBay Bargain Hunter - Find last minute bargains in eBay using AutoIT | Sean's GUI Inspector - A scripting tool for querying GUIs | TransLink Journey Planner with maps - Incorporating Google Maps into an Australian Journey Planner | Automate Qt and QWidgets | Brisbane City Council Event Viewer - See what's going on in Brisbane, Australia