Lowest level keyboard input (using a dll)

tom13

Hi there,

I have heard that programs are able to notice the difference between keyboard input and AutoIT's send function. So, I was wondering, is there a lower level keyboard input dll so that applications won't be able to notice a difference and thus detect the "fake" keyboard input?

Thanks in advance.

- Tom

PS. I already have such function for the mouse, MouseMovePlus(). See:

Func _MouseMovePlus($X, $Y,$absolute = 0)
    Local $MOUSEEVENTF_MOVE = 1
    Local $MOUSEEVENTF_ABSOLUTE = 32768
    DllCall("user32.dll", "none", "mouse_event", _
            "long",  $MOUSEEVENTF_MOVE + ($absolute*$MOUSEEVENTF_ABSOLUTE), _
            "long",  $X, _
            "long",  $Y, _
            "long",  0, _
            "long",  0)
EndFunc

please correct me someone if i am wrong but i do belive the user32.dll dll has the ability to send keystrokes as well... i would reccomend you search google for something along the lines of "sending keystrokes with win32.dll"

sorry this probably isnt of much help.

Unless the internal structure of AutoIt has changed for the Send and MouseClick functions, they use the user32 functions. Those functions will add an extra parameter that indicates a simulated stroke. I've actually written a global hook that can differentiate between real user and software simulated input. You'd have to go lower than user32 I think.

Unless the internal structure of AutoIt has changed for the Send and MouseClick functions, they use the user32 functions. Those functions will add an extra parameter that indicates a simulated stroke. I've actually written a global hook that can differentiate between real user and software simulated input. You'd have to go lower than user32 I think.

Ah thanks.

So I need a lower level dllcall for mousemovement aswell.

Anyone can help with any of these?

So this is not possible by using DLLCalls with AutoIt?

Edit: If so, maybe there is some third party command line tool that could do such task when run? (press keys, move mouse)

Edited by tom13

As Richard said, the only way is to make your own driver. DllCalls will get recognized as simulated keystrokes. 3rd party program might also get recognized as simulated keystrokes if they doesn't use a custom driver.

You can find some drivers if you google it(most of the time where you can find hacks for games), however most likely they will not work for you so you will end up with writing your own driver or just screw the idea.

Try google for "fake keyboard driver".

Edited by Pain

You can find some drivers if you google it(most of the time where you can find hacks for games), however most likely they will not work for you so you will end up with writing your own driver or just screw the idea.

Try google for "fake keyboard driver".

Thanks, the program called SCANCODE at http://home.att.net/~short.stop/freesoft/keyb.htm looks interesting.

Is there any way to check if programs are able to detect the difference between this program and a real keyboard?

I assume it's possible.

Thanks people.

Unfortunately I lack the knowledge to create such program myself.

I understand that there is no third party program which could scan for a difference between fake input and real input, already?

- Tom