CSI public

MerkurAlex

CSI was originally a program i built for work it would run on login and if certain program versions changed or other info changed it would send us that so we would always have info from all of our computers(in the thousands) it was much less powerful then this public version is.

NOTE:this is the very first beta version i will be adding ALOT of features to the plugins and hopefully decide on a new way to display info plus i will be releasing a dev pack with info on making plugins

All info and download is on the page here:LINK

EDIT:Signup for the PreRelease plugins to become a tester and get to use the plugins before anyone else pm me here or email me!

EDIT: ZIP RELEASED.

Edited by MerkurAlex

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

What information does it return?

Right now there is a list of what each plugin returns on the website.

As the information column on the site says its in early stages but im working on more plugins.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

Oh. I see. I may download, when you make more plugins for it.

Ok im currently working on a Hardware plugin i already have Drives / Sound Card / Sound Card / MotherBoard down but if you guys have suggestions for this or any other plugins please pm me here or email me.

My email is on the site.

Don't forget Video Card - Processor - Power Supply - Fans - BIOs - CD/DVD Drives - ect.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Don't forget Video Card - Processor - Power Supply - Fans - BIOs - CD/DVD Drives - ect.

Some of what you suggest is in the Hardware V1 plugin though some of it will be in a later version.

I am pleased to announce the release of the following plugins:

Hardware NOTE:until i can update sound and video card are just returning the name of the card.

System

Network Adapters

More info and how to download them is here:LINK

Also i forgot to mention if you only want to get the info from one plugin you can run the ".ff" file in dos so if i wanted to run hardware i would just go into a dos window and cd to the folder of the plugin then type "plug.ff"

Edited by MerkurAlex

v2 of the plugins "Hardware" and "Network Adapters" have been released goto the plugins page to see the update notes.

LINK

EDIT:i just released Hardware v2rev1 i found a major bug a little after i released v2 so its fixed now.

Edited by MerkurAlex

Like it so far!

But, a couple of small bugs for you :P

1) When running the installer, if you choose (or type) a folder that has either a "&", or a "^" in it, the program installs, but when you run it, all tabs remain blank. ex: C:\&TEST\CSI public

Same thing if you have an "@" in the folder name combined with a space, ex: C:\@TEST SCRIPTS\CSI public

2) Your installer lets you type in the illegal characters : * ? " < > | in the folder name and carries right on showing installation progress without any errors. Of course the app doesn't run, because it isn't installed.

Like it so far!

But, a couple of small bugs for you :P

1) When running the installer, if you choose (or type) a folder that has either a "&", or a "^" in it, the program installs, but when you run it, all tabs remain blank. ex: C:\&TEST\CSI public

Same thing if you have an "@" in the folder name combined with a space, ex: C:\@TEST SCRIPTS\CSI public

2) Your installer lets you type in the illegal characters : * ? " < > | in the folder name and carries right on showing installation progress without any errors. Of course the app doesn't run, because it isn't installed.

Glad you liked it!

Also thank you for testing the installer i will fix the bugs when i get a chance hopefully tomorrow.

Alright. I just tested it.

It has great potential, I love that it uses plugins, that makes it very versatile. I wish I did something like that on my old computer information program.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

I just released version 0.2b along with plugin updates. LINK

Also NEW SITE IS HERE we had too many problems googlepages was getting worse and worse so we moved to LINK

BTW we are now on softpedia Posted Image

Edited by MerkurAlex

Did anyone else try it? I mean come on its better then most of the Computer System Information type program's out there.

Do you really believe this..

the plugin idea is very cool

everything else is hard to read .. and not accurate ..

my notebook has two VGA according to your script .. ?!

Yes i believe this i have tried several of them and they don't give the amount of info mine does.

Hard to read? HAH i disagree but your entitled to your opinion.

That would be windows com objects giving bad info not my script.

Yes i believe this i have tried several of them and they don't give the amount of info mine does.

Hard to read? HAH i disagree but your entitled to your opinion.

I know you disagree.. and i disagree with you

If you display ipconfig /all in your script .. it's a lot of garbage which is hard to read,.. why do you think someone created a GUI for ipconfig ?

excuse me, you are the one asking the com object.. so it would be your duty to solve those bugs.. the com object gives you the information because the vga adapter supports two displays but it's only one adapter.

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

You know what im not going to argue with you all your points are somewhat correct but if you payed attention you would realize i mention it is in an early BETA stage that i planned to change the view and EARLY BETA stage means that there will be bugs thus the not handling com objects correctly don't like it don't use it.

Okay so i lied but im not going to argue with you beyond this point :P

Edited by MerkurAlex