creating a installer in autoit but don't know how to show it in Control Panel and StartMenu

hi, i want to create my own installer in Autoit instead of using a freeware/commercial software for this purpose.

but my problem is that i don't know how to show a program in Control Panel (Add remove programs) and it's files in StartMenu Folder. can any of you help me to know about it and how to do it?

thanks for reading and reply in advance!

I made this for my program , it has a lot of comments , copy and paste w.e you need, you will have to change some things tho :P

for the full thing go here!

regWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My Diary!", 'UninstallString', 'REG_SZ', $change_dir & "/" & $name & "/Uninstaller.exe") ; Where is the uninstaller?? ---- For Add and Remove Programs
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My Diary!", 'DisplayName', 'REG_SZ', "My Diary!") ;Name To show on Add and Remove Programs
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My Diary!", 'DisplayIcon', 'REG_SZ', $change_dir & "/" & $name & "/Diary.ico") ; icon For Add and Remove Programs
RegWrite('HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dd', '', 'REG_SZ', 'Diary_Document_File') ; File Accosiation
RegWrite('HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Diary_Document_File', '', 'REG_SZ', 'Diary Document'); File Accosiation
RegWrite('HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Diary_Document_File\shell\Open', '', 'REG_SZ', '&Open'); File Accosiation
RegWrite('HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Diary_Document_File\shell\Open\command', '', 'REG_SZ', $change_dir & "/" & $name & "/My Diary!.exe %1 %*"); File Accosiation
RegWrite('HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Diary_Document_File\DefaultIcon', '', 'REG_SZ', $change_dir & "/" & $name & "/Diary.ico"); File Accosiation
FileCreateShortcut($change_dir & "/" & $name & "/My Diary!.exe", @DesktopDir & "\My Diary.lnk") ;Shortcuts
FileCreateShortcut($change_dir & "/" & $name & "/My Diary!.exe", @StartMenuCommonDir & "/" & $name & "/My Diary!.ink");Shortcuts
FileCreateShortcut($change_dir & "/" & $name & "/Uninstaller.exe", @StartMenuCommonDir & "/" & $name & "/Uninstaller.ink");Shortcuts
Sleep(1000) ; Add a little sleep , Remove if you want it to go faster
Edited by DexterMorgan
code

hi, i want to create my own installer in Autoit instead of using a freeware/commercial software for this purpose.

but my problem is that i don't know how to show a program in Control Panel (Add remove programs)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyProgram]
"DisplayName"="MyProgram v1.0"
"UninstallString"="C:\\Program Files\\MyProgram\\Uninstall.exe"
"DisplayIcon"="C:\\Program Files\\MyProgram\\MyProgram.exe,0"
"URLInfoAbout"="http://www.mysite.com/MyProgram"
"Publisher"="Banana soft"
"NoModify"=dword:00000001
"NoRepair"=dword:00000001

and it's files in StartMenu Folder. can any of you help me to know about it and how to do it?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Main menu\Programs\