iPod Media Player BETA 2 New user Interface with GDI+ [Updated 10-23]

TehWhale

iPod Media Player BETA 2 with GDI+

So after a few nights, and a few struggles I am going to release iPod Media Player BETA 1. Remember this iPod is in BETA stage, as there could be bugs and other issues with it. I have only tested this on Windows Vista. Please report any bugs, or post any comments you have. Sorry for such a short post, but it's pretty self explainitory! When you first start it, click MENU choose a folder, and WHAM!

New Version!!

New version uses GDI+ with help from 'ol monoceres :P He helped me so much with this new iPod and I thank him so much!

Now looks better!!

Screeny:

Included in the zip, BETA 1, BETA 2, all includes needed, all icons and pictures, a compiled version of iPod Media Player GDI+ version, and others, including monoceres first GDI+ version :(

iPod__GDI__.zip

Edited by TehWhale

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

Looks quite cool, always nice to see someone thinking outside the box :P

When I chose my media folder it didn't add files in my subdirs, maybe look into the different FileSearch() function posted on the forums?

Something that also come to mind is that the elements looks jagged, maybe draw them with GDI+ instead with AntiAlias turned on? It will give them super smooth edges :(

Anyways, good job :idea:

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Hi!

Looks quite cool, always nice to see someone thinking outside the box :P

When I chose my media folder it didn't add files in my subdirs, maybe look into the different FileSearch() function posted on the forums?

Something that also come to mind is that the elements looks jagged, maybe draw them with GDI+ instead with AntiAlias turned on? It will give them super smooth edges :(

Anyways, good job :idea:

I never thought of using Recursive search. I have that function somewhere. And what elements are you talking about? My GUI's? I havn't learned GDI+ yet, maybe you could help me. :)

I never thought of using Recursive search. I have that function somewhere. And what elements are you talking about? My GUI's? I havn't learned GDI+ yet, maybe you could help me. :(

By elements I mean the GUI elements, like the display and the wheel thing in the middle.

The design doesn't look too advanced so I can probably give you an example which uses AntiAliasing tomorrow, gotta sleep now 2:20 Am here... :P

Glad to see you kept my window moving concept!

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

By elements I mean the GUI elements, like the display and the wheel thing in the middle.

The design doesn't look too advanced so I can probably give you an example which uses AntiAliasing tomorrow, gotta sleep now 2:20 Am here... :P

Lol, alright man I'll be looking forward to your help. :(

Hi!

As promised, here's a GDI+ iPod GUI.

It got a bit advanced since I wanted it to look really nice, but hopefully you will make the best out of it :P

:(

That's nice :idea: I will start working on this as soon as possible! Thanks so much!

EDIT: Ahhh, It seems so complicated!

EDIT: How do I check when a button is clicked? Like the center button or the |>> etc.?

Edited by TehWhale

That's nice :P I will start working on this as soon as possible! Thanks so much!

EDIT: Ahhh, It seems so complicated!

EDIT: How do I check when a button is clicked? Like the center button or the |>> etc.?

Since there is no 'button' (only a string) you need to grab user input manually.

Just like I did with the window moving.

If for example you want the click area of an area to be x=10,y=10,width=50,height=30, the code looks like this:

If WinActive($hwnd) And _IsPressed("01",$user32) Then
        $pos=MouseGetPos()
        If $pos[0]>=10 And $pos[0]<=(10+50) And $pos[1]>=10 And $pos[1]<=(10+30) Then
            _FunctionThatHandlesThisButtonclick()
        EndIf
    EndIf

:(

Edit: You really should load png images for the next/play/previous buttons, having text there looks like shit.

Edited by monoceres

Since there is no 'button' (only a string) you need to grab user input manually.

Just like I did with the window moving.

If for example you want the click area of an area to be x=10,y=10,width=50,height=30, the code looks like this:

If WinActive($hwnd) And _IsPressed("01",$user32) Then
        $pos=MouseGetPos()
        If $pos[0]>=10 And $pos[0]<=(10+50) And $pos[1]>=10 And $pos[1]<=(10+30) Then
            _FunctionThatHandlesThisButtonclick()
        EndIf
    EndIf

:P

Aww that sucks. I was hoping it would be faster! :(

Thanks though.

I was searching in your code, but which part makes the display smaller, like the actual screen size, just want to lower the height by a little.

What if the window is moved, this will not be right, as it screen based, not on the GUI based.

Edited by TehWhale

I was searching in your code, but which part makes the display smaller, like the actual screen size, just want to lower the height by a little.

This line

_SetRoundedRectClip($backbuffer, 25, 25, $width-25*2, 175, 10)

This line

_SetRoundedRectClip($backbuffer, 25, 25, $width-25*2, 175, 10)

Sweet!

Also, about your get position thing, I might find some good png's to use, but how will I use these, you said that you can't use regular GUI controls or it will redraw over them. Do I use GDI+ to draw the image too?

Grr, I can't find any good button images.

Edited by TehWhale

Sweet!

Also, about your get position thing, I might find some good png's to use, but how will I use these, you said that you can't use regular GUI controls or it will redraw over them. Do I use GDI+ to draw the image too?

Yes! GDI+ is the best when it comes to images, it can crop, resize, draw with transparency & draw the image at any position in the GUI.

GDI+ functions to look at:

_GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile()

_GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth()

_GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight()

_GDIplus_GraphicsDrawImageRect()

_GDPlus_ImageDispose()

Just remember to draw into the $backbuffer graphics object.

Edit:

What if the window is moved, this will not be right, as it screen based, not on the GUI based.

Add

Opt("MouseCoordMode",2)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",2)

Edited by monoceres

Yes! GDI+ is the best when it comes to images, it can crop, resize, draw with transparency & draw the image at any position in the GUI.

GDI+ functions to look at:

_GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile()

_GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth()

_GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight()

_GDIplus_GraphicsDrawImageRect()

_GDPlus_ImageDispose()

Just remember to draw into the $backbuffer graphics object.

Sweet, Will take a look at those :P So, why can't I make the iPod red+black? I tried changing the variables at the beggining of the script but it stayed exactly the same. And, do you have any iPod png's or whatever heh. I can't find any, google failed me.