Quick Help.

Junco

Hey everyone,

im new here to the forums and i just started to do some simple scripting with autoit.

i've read through some of the help threads and i still cant find an answer to my problem.

Im trying to get auto it to send " alt+J " at the same time to my computer. but i dont know how.

if someone could help me with this it would be great.

Hey everyone,

im new here to the forums and i just started to do some simple scripting with autoit.

i've read through some of the help threads and i still cant find an answer to my problem.

Im trying to get auto it to send " alt+J " at the same time to my computer. but i dont know how.

send("!j")

Hey everyone,

The vast majority of applications out there, especially freeware examples, ship with utterly useless help files. That is not the case with AutoIt. The AutoIt3.chm help file that ships with AutoIt is an example of what help files should be: Helpful.

The help file is the complete command reference for the language, contains a few basic tutorials, and has example scripts for almost every function.

I know you already got your answer, but I wanted to point out that "read through some of the help threads" is the wrong place to start if you don't want to spend two hours on your next easy question. Go to the help file first. Try the examples posted for the relevant functions, like Send().

Searching the forums here is the second most useful way to get answers, and posting a question is the third, but the help file for AutoIt is your first best option.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law