• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CodeWizard v. 1.3 released.

ChangeLog:

1.3 - 1/4/2005

- Added: SplashImageOn code generator

- Changed: MsgBox generated code: Dim $iMsgBoxAnswer => If Not IsDeclared("iMsgBoxAnswer") Then Dim $iMsgBoxAnswer (thanks to gafrost)

- Changed: InputBox generated code: Dim $iInputBoxAnswer => If Not IsDeclared("iInputBoxAnswer") Then Dim $iInputBoxAnswer (thanks to gafrost)

Please leave your comments/suggestions/bugreports.

Scite users:

extract the compressed files into the %Program Files%\AutoIt3\SciTe\CodeWizard folder.

Peppe

Two small problems with creating the code with CodeWizard

1: if double quotes are used, preview works fine, but code is generated incorrectly

2: (suggestion) if line is blank puts an empty string in the code, can we leave out blank lines, crlf's are ok.

Examples below

#Region --- CodeWizard generated code Start ---
;MsgBox features: Title=Yes, Text=Yes, Buttons=OK, Icon=None
MsgBox(0,"A MessageBox","This is a "test"" & @CRLF & "" & @CRLF & "This is only a "test"")
#EndRegion --- CodeWizard generated code End ---

;InputBox features: Title=Yes, Prompt=Yes, Default Text=No
If Not IsDeclared("iInputBoxAnswer") Then Dim $iInputBoxAnswer
$iInputBoxAnswer = InputBox("A Input Box","This is a "test"" & @CRLF & "" & @CRLF & "This is only a "test"",""," ","-1","-1","-1","-1")
Select
   Case @Error = 0;OK - The string returned is valid

Case @Error = 1;The Cancel button was pushed

Case @Error = 3;The InputBox failed to open

EndSelect

;SpashText features: Title=Yes, Text=Yes, Center justified text, OS default font
SplashTextOn("Splash Text","This is a "test"" & @CRLF & "" & @CRLF & "This is only a "test"","-1","-1","-1","-1",2,"","","")
Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

look in previous post, you'll see in each example I hit enter 2 times, this places

@CRLF & "" & @CRLF in the code if the line is blank all that is needed is

@CRLF & @CRLF

just a suggestion, not a problem

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

CodeWizard v. 1.3.1 released.

ChangeLog:

1.3.1 - 11/4/2005

- Fixed: If double quotes were used in Titles, code was generated incorrectly (thanks to gafrost)

Exceptions: *strange* use of double/single quotes - i.e. Title: "CodeWizard'. No corrections to Texts (too lazy ;-)

- Changed: no more blank lines in Text fields => empty string in the code (thanks to gafrost) - i.e.:

MsgBox(0,"CodeWizard","1st line" & @CRLF & "" & @CRLF & "3d line") => MsgBox(0,"CodeWizard","1st line" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "3d line")

- Added: MessageBox Constants "$IDTRYAGAIN" and "$IDCONTINUE" to the Copy function

TODO list (just if some of you think it's interesting):

- Options function (default options, code indentation, remember last data,...)

The last one could be useful if you add several msgbox/inputbox with similar data (title, default text,... to your script

Scite users:

extract the compressed files into the %Program Files%\AutoIt3\SciTe\CodeWizard folder.

Peppe

• 4 weeks later...

CodeWizard v. 1.4 released.

The project now merges CFCCodeWizard by Gary Frost with CodeWizard (thanks Gary).

ChangeLog:

- Added: CFCCodeWizard merged with CodeWizard

- Changed: No longer need external dll for setting fonts and colours.

- Changed: Misc UDFs now used

- Added: Helpfile

Scite users:

As always, comments/bugreports/insults are welcome.

Peppe

Edit: attachment removed

Edited by gcriaco

yes demo of the gui but no complete code with out come for a beginer like me

CodeWizard v. 1.3.1 released.

ChangeLog:

1.3.1 - 11/4/2005

- Fixed: If double quotes were used in Titles, code was generated incorrectly (thanks to gafrost)

Exceptions: *strange* use of double/single quotes - i.e. Title: "CodeWizard'. No corrections to Texts (too lazy ;-)

- Changed: no more blank lines in Text fields => empty string in the code (thanks to gafrost) - i.e.:

MsgBox(0,"CodeWizard","1st line" & @CRLF & "" & @CRLF & "3d line") => MsgBox(0,"CodeWizard","1st line" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "3d line")

- Added: MessageBox Constants "$IDTRYAGAIN" and "$IDCONTINUE" to the Copy function

TODO list (just if some of you think it's interesting):

- Options function (default options, code indentation, remember last data,...)

The last one could be useful if you add several msgbox/inputbox with similar data (title, default text,... to your script

Scite users:

Peppe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CodeWizard v. 1.4 released.

The project now merges CFCCodeWizard by Gary Frost with CodeWizard (thanks Gary).

ChangeLog:

- Added: CFCCodeWizard merged with CodeWizard

- Changed: No longer need external dll for setting fonts and colours.

- Changed: Misc UDFs now used

- Added: Helpfile

Scite users:

As always, comments/bugreports/insults are welcome.

Peppe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great script. I was just think that this and the GUI builder cold be tied togather. You may want to get with the author of the GUI builder and see if you two could come up with something like Autoit studio. Kinda like the tool Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, but for autoit instead.

Great script. I was just think that this and the GUI builder cold be tied togather. You may want to get with the author of the GUI builder and see if you two could come up with something like Autoit studio. Kinda like the tool Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, but for autoit instead.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my opinion the best AutoIt development environment is the SciTE4AutoIt3 editor. Actually it includes many other useful tools (Au3Info, Au3Recorder,...).

I don't think it's useful merging many different tools each others. Just use SciTe...

In my opinion  the best AutoIt development environment is the SciTE4AutoIt3 editor. Actually it includes many other useful tools (Au3Info, Au3Recorder,...).

I don't think it's useful merging many different tools each others. Just use SciTe...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then maybe this could be tied into SciTe like the GUI Builder is. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do think code wizard and gui builder creators should work together too.

I had mentioned to cyberslug a while back, about going beyond just making the gui code.

It would be nice to see it automatically generate code for event when a control like a button is pushed/clicked too or be able to add code by right clicking on a control in GUI Builder or Code wizard.

I also don't think this combination of GUI tools conflicts with SciTe. There are times when you are going to want write NON-GUI code. Plus the testing, syntaxchecker, debugger, etc... is in SciTe. I think the GUI tools would simply be helping to automate code creation for the GUI portion and you would paste the code that you have created in SciTe to work on it further.

An ADVOCATE for AutoIT

• 5 months later...

CodeWizard 1.5 released

Changelog:

1.5 19/12/2005

- Added: ToolTip function

Scite users:

Happy coding

Peppe

Edited by gcriaco

For the inputbox can you make it so we can have more than 1 input line (optional selection box)

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]