Right click on the Recycle Bin

mdes

I would like to simulate the following:

1. Right click on the Recycle Bin desktop icon

2. Choose an item from the displayed contextual menu.

Is it possible to AutoIt3 it ? And if the answer is Yes, how to do it ?

Gestion des congés, RTT, vacances scolaires, autres absences sur Pocket PC : CongésRFV

if you want to delete the stuff in it there is already FileRecycleEmpty() :lmao:

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

which item u want to choose? maybe u can have the same function in more elegant way...

I am using "Layout.dll" to save/restore the desktop icons positions (which add "Save Desktop Icon Layout" and "Restore Desktop Icon Layout" in the context menu of the Recycle Bin). See here

I would like to execute the "Restore Desktop Icon Layout".Posted Image

Gestion des congés, RTT, vacances scolaires, autres absences sur Pocket PC : CongésRFV

I am using "Layout.dll" to save/restore the desktop icons positions (which add "Save Desktop Icon Layout" and "Restore Desktop Icon Layout" in the context menu of the Recycle Bin).  See here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@mdes. I thikn u can do it this way. This isnt the code..just some pseudocode..if u need i can write it up for u tmrw.

1) minimise all windows

2) MouseMove(...) - move the mouse somewhere in the middle of the screen - anywhere really thats not touching the taskbar..no prob if touches ico (incase u have a full desktop)

3) MouseClick(...) - the last 2 steps can be combined. click where the mouse is at

4)send("recycle")

5)send("{APPSKEY}")

6)send({DOWN 9}) - the 9 here is wat may be rough - change it to watever the number should be...how far down the choice is...if this is happening on more than one computer then u have to have a dif script for each..or think it through to change dynamically

7) send({ENTER})

and ure set... :lmao:

EDIT: I realised that for #6 if i press 'r' u get properties..so maybe theres a hotkey for this choice too....instead of 'Down' try sending 'r' or 'd' or watever letter will work..if any do..else use above method

Edited by ennis

@mdes. I thikn u can do it this way. This isnt the code..just some pseudocode..if u need i can write it up for u tmrw.

<snip>

EDIT: I realised that for #6 if i press 'p' u get properties..so maybe theres a hotkey for this choice too....instead of 'Down' try sending 'r' or 'd' or watever letter will work..if any do..else use above method

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know ennis is a new user (to the boards), but if he's using a .dll then DLL call would probably be less apt to break....it'd just be a LOT of messy code. Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

I've used the freeware IconSaver 1.2 for as long as I remember. It includes command-line utils for saving and restoring icon layout (and I have a shortcut to it in my startup folder).

As I cannot find the website, I've attached the files.

iconsaver.zip

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

I know ennis is a new user (to the boards), but if he's using a .dll then DLL call would probably be less apt to break....it'd just be a LOT of messy code.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know what functions are in the dll so i cannot assume there are any to do that directly..so meh..whichever way works.

I've used the freeware IconSaver 1.2 for as long as I remember.  It includes command-line utils for saving and restoring icon layout (and I have a shortcut to it in my startup folder).

As I cannot find the website, I've attached the files.

Thanks a lot to remid me this excellent, small and powerfull utility (http://www.iconsaver.com). I already used it, but I replaced it with Layout.dll/.inf: but I don't remember why :">

Thanks to all for your pertinent answers :lmao:

if it has command line then you can just run the program with command line parameters, so we don't need the dll to do it. am i wrong?

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Automating the mouse movements isn't the most glamorous method to this, but it sure is the simplest way to do it. Just opent the Auto It Spy program, and find the coordinates for the icon, and then for the menu item. You can them script a program to click on those positions...

You can also make it a Scheduled task, so that it will start at a certain time...

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

• 8 months later...

I am using "Layout.dll" to save/restore the desktop icons positions (which add "Save Desktop Icon Layout" and "Restore Desktop Icon Layout" in the context menu of the Recycle Bin). See here

Where did you get a copy of "layout.dll" from? There does not appear to be a downloadable link from that website you posted.

Where did you get a copy of "layout.dll" from? There does not appear to be a downloadable link from that website you posted.

There's a working link at the bottom of this site:

http://www.nthelp.com/50/save_desktop_layout.htm

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!