ScreenCapture for AutoItX

CMTaylor

Some months ago I prototyped a Python interface to AutoItX but didn't finish it. At that time I thought I'd read some instructions somewhere about using GDI+ for doing screen captures, since AutoItX doesn't seem to support screen capture directly. I had to postpone work on it so I never did the screen capture implementation.

Now I'm trying to extend and complete my prototype into a full Python front-end for AutoItX. I can't seem to find any documentation, help or examples of how to do screen captures with AutoItX.

Any help, links or pointers on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

• 11 months later...

Some months ago I prototyped a Python interface to AutoItX but didn't finish it. At that time I thought I'd read some instructions somewhere about using GDI+ for doing screen captures, since AutoItX doesn't seem to support screen capture directly. I had to postpone work on it so I never did the screen capture implementation.

Now I'm trying to extend and complete my prototype into a full Python front-end for AutoItX. I can't seem to find any documentation, help or examples of how to do screen captures with AutoItX.

Any help, links or pointers on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Python already has many GUI libraries available specifically for Python.

If you want to do screen captures use the Python Imaging Library (PIL). It is has many graphics capabilites that you can't do or can't do easily with

AutoIt. I did a screen capture with PIL using less than 10 lines of code. In reality, You only need two lines, the res was for saving the file to disk and some logic.