Auto Login to Windows

kjcdude

I'm working on a program that will be monitoring certain applications on a server. The only issue i'm having is that i need to keep the server secure so it's constantly locked.

The script can monitor the programs just fine while it's locked, but if any tasks need to be performed such as restarting the application i need to be able to auto login to windows so that it can perform the tasks needed.

Does anyone know of an easy way to auto login to a windows server 2003 machine?

Thanks

I'm working on a program that will be monitoring certain applications on a server. The only issue i'm having is that i need to keep the server secure so it's constantly locked.

The script can monitor the programs just fine while it's locked, but if any tasks need to be performed such as restarting the application i need to be able to auto login to windows so that it can perform the tasks needed.

Does anyone know of an easy way to auto login to a windows server 2003 machine?

Thanks

First thing that comes to mind since putting it in the start up folder wouldn't work would be putting it in system registry files that run when Windows starts. I'm assuming you know how to do the rest with Send() and MouseClick().

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

First thing that comes to mind since putting it in the start up folder wouldn't work would be putting it in system registry files that run when Windows starts. I'm assuming you know how to do the rest with Send() and MouseClick().

The issue i'm running into is emulating control alt delete.

Sysinternals has an autologon program. Free and it works well:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963905.aspx

I tried to use that program and had no luck. I ran it entered everything liked it asked then locked my computer and nothing happened, i still had to manually log in. Not entirely sure how it's supposed to work.

Even if i can get it to work, not sure if it's what i need. I need to be able to logon as initiated by a script. This seems more like a permanent solution. I still need the computer to be secure.

Edited by kjcdude

• 4 weeks later...

I have all you're problems sorted!

With Window Server you can have multiple "Terminal Service" sessions:

Go to a workstation, and open a Remote Desktop Connection Window:

Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Communications --> Remote Desktop Connection

(If the above fails, try: Start --> Run --> type "mstsc.exe" (press enter))

In the "Computer" field type the server name or IP address followed by a space and "/console", then press enter.

E.g. "servername /console"

(without the quotes)

Login as per usual.

You will now notice that you are logged into the server yet it is still locked! (when physically at the terminal)

This is more a visual demonstration to show you that the server can be logged in even if you can't see it.

---------------------------------------------

Really all you need to do is Schedule your automation via:

Start --> Control Panel --> Scheduled Tasks --> Add Scheduled Task

Schedule the task to run and make sure you add the Administrator password in the appropriate area under the "Task" tab.

You will notice that if you login as with the "/console" switch you can see the task (your automation) running.

Hope this helps!

Oh, and this only works on Windows Server not Windows XP. XP can only handle one session at a time.