SciTe dumps copy into RecycleBin @ compile

Do you have an AV? A lot of AV programs see compile autoit scripts as viruses so try there first. At compilation time you can specify where to save.

I have the same 'problem.' When you compile a script with Ctrl-F7 from SciTe or use "Compile with Options" from Explorer and change the default compile settings, a AutoIt3Wrapper region with the changed settings is added to your script. The version of the script before this change, ends up in the recycle bin...

I really don't see how this happens and I've compiled scripts on XP, Vista, and OpenSUSE (linux) and they've all worked without any problems (except vista but that worked well enough when I disabled UAC).

I'm starting to suspect it happens cause my scripts are not on drive C, cause it never used to happen, until I added a new drive...

When they were on drive C, it used to dump a copy into @scriptdir backup folder

Edited by Oldschool

• Developers

Folks,

SciTE4AutoIt3 is running AutoIt3Wrapper and AutoIt3Wrappper_GUI so it should be very simple for you all to figure out that these scripts sometimes updated your script. I have choosen to FileRecycle() the original file to avoid anybody loosing a script when something goes wrong.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)