My first GUI - System task

farhan879

Hi, this is my first GUI. This script is made to convieniently access to your pograms and folders without having to search it everywhere. If you have any requests on adding a few more functions, please post as i need more practice on coding. :P

System_task.zip

Comments and complaints are welcome. :(

Edit: i fixed a few things. :idea:

Edited by farhan879
System task ---> My first GUICalculator v1.0 ---> My version of the calculatorNetZilla 1.0 --> Web browserEmail Sender --> You can Send emails with this without opening a web browser

Maybe give some detail?

It works and looks nice to me! Nice first GUI :P

Windows Search is like 500000000000000x faster than yours, but its all cool. :(

can we call it a nice GUI? after pressing the Search button i can't see any results. i searched for *.txt files. :idea:
Enjoy the complexity.Feel the power of simplicity.

@Cw2K1

Did you wait until it had finished searching. It displays the list of files it found when has finished searching.

@farhan879

Maybe you could add in a context menu for the search engine with the items to open file and open containing folder.

Also you could do a double click to open the file in the listwiew.

I have done double clicks in an app I made for work, if you need any help with it just pm me. Great app by the way(systems tasks) I will be compiling and have running and switch to it when I want to run any of those programs I use all of them.

Daniel.

Edited by dansxmods

Not bad for your first GUI but I'm really here to comment on your nice banner. The text is a little out of place but you did a good job meshing the background.

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

Very nice!!! Keep building man!

:P

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

Thanks for for positive comment everyone. :P And about the background for the search engine, you can use the search engine source i included which is not dark. :(

System task ---> My first GUICalculator v1.0 ---> My version of the calculatorNetZilla 1.0 --> Web browserEmail Sender --> You can Send emails with this without opening a web browser