Website Design

i386

Hello Everyone,

Before I get to my question. I think that there is not enough graditutde and thanks going to Jon and all of those that have helped to make AutoIt what it is today. So, I would like to thank Jon for creating such a wonderful program to help with all my computer automated installs and configuration settings. Jon, this program has been a big help in all my work and I plan on continuing using it for a long time to come. Keep up the wonderful work, Jon.

Second, I would like to think all the users, new and old, for asking all the questions that I have always had and all the users that have answered the questions. All of you have great minds and wonderful ideas. Keep up the good work as well.

Now, on to my question. I have been using AutoIt since about the time that AutoIt v2.0 first came out. A Network System Administrator first introduced it to me when I was a Freshman in highschool. So, thank you Mr. Radar. I have used it for all my companies and personal needs with people that I help to troubleshoot there system problems and updates. Now, I would like to take it atleast one step further. I would like to incorporate AutoltX v3 into my new website that I am designing to help people with system updates and troubleshooting as well as help monitor downloads that are being downloaded off the site. I know that AutoItX has to be registered on the user's computer in order for it to function properly and call all the commands that it needs in order to run the proper functions. Is there a way to determine if the user has the most recent AutoItX installed and if it isn't installed then Internet Explorer will automatically download it and install it on the user's computer. I would like to do this not as a virus thing but like what Microsoft does with their update page or something like that. I would like to make it more convient than putting a link on the site saying that if they would like to view this page that they must download and install this program. If anyone has any ideas or anything, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again to all that have contributed and helped us all out.

Spoiler

"...Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for." --The Mentor

"Mess with the best, die like the rest!!" -Hackers

"This above all to thine own self be true." -William Shakespeare

"Corruption is only as corrupted as the individual makes it out to be." -i386

style7,AutoIt.png

Not possible. I have done web programming for years (and exploiting of many IE holes in my time). Unless you create a virus or have someone download an exe, there is no way of doing what you want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not quite impossible, this-is-me.

I've made two examples, see the attached ZIP file.

The first example uses the 'object' tag and Jscript to install/run AutoItX

The second example uses the same principle, but embeds itself as a 'plugin' (see *.inf file). I also used VBscript in the HTML to show an example.

The examples are made in a hurry, there are some flaws.

But after 'polishing' them, maybe these examples can be included in the AutoItX3 help file??

Regards,

-Sven

Attachment: How to install and embed AutoItX3 into a web-page...

EmbedAutoItX3.zip

I would like to make it more convient than putting a link on the site saying that if they would like to view this page that they must download and install this program

I assumed the poster meant that the install would be silent and would not require user interaction.

Who else would I be?

The second example uses the same principle, but embeds itself as a 'plugin' (see *.inf file).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, this-is-me, SvenP has it right...I apologize for not being clear enough with my post. I am wanting something as like a .DLL file that is downloaded and installed when it is not detected on the user's computer. (i.e. Shockwave, Yahoo! Photos Easy Upload Tool, or Microsoft's Update Site) Even if it requires some action from the user, then that is fine. I am looking to have it as a plug-in. Thanks though.

Thanks, SvenP, for the help. I appreciate it. I will try it out in my programming and see what it does for me. Thanks again to everyone.

Spoiler

"...Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for." --The Mentor

"Mess with the best, die like the rest!!" -Hackers

"This above all to thine own self be true." -William Shakespeare

"Corruption is only as corrupted as the individual makes it out to be." -i386

style7,AutoIt.png

• 3 years later...