The encryption of variables

exodius

So my first question, is where are variables stored (like from an inputbox) on a system while a script/program is running?

Secondly, are they stored in plaintext?

And finally, what would be a way to encrypt them as they are entered so while they sit idle on the computer, and then decrypt them as they are called for use?

So my first question, is where are variables stored (like from an inputbox) on a system while a script/program is running? 

Secondly, are they stored in plaintext? 

And finally, what would be a way to encrypt them as they are entered so while they sit idle on the computer, and then decrypt them as they are called for use?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My guess is the variables are stored in the memory buffer and are available to any sort of memory editor that can directly read and write to the RAM. I couldn't tell you how they're stored though. I don't have a memory editor.

Scripts and Scraps: Search for Valik's "Proper" RA5 encryption function. I'd do it myself, but I'm almost falling into the keyboard.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

I think  Blue_Drache meant RC4.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, you're right. :lmao: I typed that half asleep and completely drunk. I knew basically what I wanted though. Gotta give up those 0200 benders.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache