message box buttons

I have spent hours looking through the FAQ's, and have not found a single example for using the value returned when a message box button is clicked. I would like to know the simple things. For example, if the ok button is clicked the computer may proceed with function whatever, and if the cancel button is clicked the computer may promptly exit the program without doing function whatever. Ya'all know what I'm talk'n bout?

P.S. Thanks for any and all the help anyone can provide.

Here is an example, but you should really start using the helpfile, everything is in there:

Switch MsgBox(1, "Title", "Text")
    Case 1
        MsgBox(0, "", "You pressed OK")
    Case 2
        MsgBox(0, "", "You pressed Cancel")
EndSwitch

Here is an example, but you should really start using the helpfile, everything is in there:

Switch MsgBox(1, "Title", "Text")
    Case 1
        MsgBox(0, "", "You pressed OK")
    Case 2
        MsgBox(0, "", "You pressed Cancel")
EndSwitch
thank you for the help, and I use the SCITe help and there is nothing in there. If you can direct me to other help files I would like that a lot!

Okay. I congratulate you on getting as far as SciTe. I also congratulate you if you use the full version of SciTE.

Within SciTE move your cursor to a function and press F1 (FYI not the mouse cursor. The text one :().

As long as it is saved as .au3 (SciTE will not add the extension for you) the help file will pop-up with information about the function you requested... :P

Links

Full Version of SciTE:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/

Online Docs:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/