Audio Visualization with GDI+ & Bass

monoceres

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WMA saves the tags in some unknown format that the script is not designed to read.

Fixed it. Did a check to see if it returned 0 and if it did, then it would use a alternative feature.

EDIT: Why does the on the speaker visual it leaves a faint off-black of where all the other lines were?

Edited by TehWhale

EDIT: Why does the on the speaker visual it leaves a faint off-black of where all the other lines were?

It's a side effect of that cool fading effect, all logic says that it should disappear, but it don't :mellow:

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

It's a side effect of that cool fading effect, all logic says that it should disappear, but it don't :mellow:

Yeah I saw where you commented out a line that clears it, but then it doesn't fade. I want the fading, but I can't see any reason why it wont clear to black after fading. :(

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have been experimenting around with this and i have edited it to play music from a folder, and added a skip to next hotkey.

The problem i have noticed is that ti uses 33 percent CPU is this normal, or is it because of my 20 lines of code (with 3 if statements) inside the loop and changing the sleep to 5 or one or both?

Any advice on how to lower this number?

Thanks,

Influx.

Hello,

I have been experimenting around with this and i have edited it to play music from a folder, and added a skip to next hotkey.

The problem i have noticed is that ti uses 33 percent CPU is this normal, or is it because of my 20 lines of code (with 3 if statements) inside the loop and changing the sleep to 5 or one or both?

Any advice on how to lower this number?

Thanks,

Influx.

It's probably the sleep. Sleep(5) is way too little if you want to keep the CPU usage low.

Another thing to consider is to make the GUI smaller and turn of anti-aliasing, it will contribute to better fps/lower CPU usage.

:)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

I have attempted a sleep of 500 and 1000 with no noticeable changes.

how would i turn off anti-aliasing?

Also with the following system config i get a error with bass.dll saying it needs 2.3 but everything still works fine.

Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86 ANSI)

Is there anyway to suppress the error?

i turned of anti-aliasing and it actually increased CPU usage to 50%.

Any info on supressing the error and on how else to reduce cpu usage?

Also you may want to try the Au3Irrlicht 3d engine on these forums instead of GDI, it seems that it would preform better, and with far far more options.

I would attempt to change it over to that method, but seeing as how the mathematics involved are far more complicated than i can begin to understand..... I wold really like to see someone change this over to direct3d or opengl with the Au3Irrlicht engine and it embeded in a GUI.

• 5 months later...

Got an error during playback when it switches to 4th visualization:

"Line 680 (File "...\Visualization.au3"):

_GDIPlus_BrushDefCreate($hBrush)

^ERROR

Error: Unknown function name."

_GDIPlus_BrushDefCreate() and _GDIPlus_BrushDefDispose() are not available!

SORRY SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH THE BETA VERSION! Properly working with version 3.3.0.0!

Nice job!

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Monoceres, I would like to know is it possible to do FFT from the sound card Line-In source instead of a audio file? I am creating a little program with AutoIt to read out the frequency value from a Sine tone supply to my sound card line-in. But so far, I find no FFT UDF in the forum. Is it that I need to use Bass as an engine like what you did in this player?Posted Image

Thanks in Advance.

I tried in "Visualizer_Analog Meter - Special" to display line-in. It is in experimental phase... :)

Maybe it will help you. It is in the download archive -> http://www.4shared.com/file/91735747/7afe6e92/Visualizer_Analog_Meter.html

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ