ControlClick :(

Well I searched about 3 pages and got nothing useful out of it... I couldn't find any beginner tips on how to use this...

Then i resorted to the help file which gave me :

ControlClick ( "title", "text", controlID [, button] [, clicks]] )

But no where in there or in ControlSend is there a thing that lets me click on a certain coordinate.

If say I'm looking at the AutoIt Help file and I want it to click at 200, 200 on my notepad screen (background view, I can't see my notepad)... How would i do this so it clicks 200, 200?

I thought of one possibility that I didn't have time to try it out yet but would I have to have it MouseMove to 200, 200 then ControlClick... But then I was stumped because MouseMove would move on top, not background view...

Thanks if you can help :P

EDIT: Also it says I need the ControlID... Whats this and how can I get it? :(

Edited by UnknownWarrior

What version are you running? You must have an old one because this is what I see.

ControlClick ( "title", "text", controlID [, button [, clicks [, x [, y ]]]] )

You can get the CID by using the AWIT (Autoit Window Info Tool).

What version are you running? You must have an old one because this is what I see.

You can get the CID by using the AWIT (Autoit Window Info Tool).

Says AUtoIt 3... maybe its an older version xD

I've always been scared to update cause ive got a lot of nooby, yet useful, programs under my belt and i heard in one post or somethin that upgrading might make them not work cause the coding is a bit different? :P

Also itll just say the ControlID and i plug it in that spot in the code right?

Also: If upgrading won't mess up previous programs, how do i upgrade? just download the newer version and itll be the exact same as the one i possess now?

Edited by UnknownWarrior

Download the new stable and beta, install and you might have to change your includes but that should be the only real changes you need to make. You need to go through the info in the tool and find the CID. Not to be a jerk but I'd suggest you upgrade and get a bit more experience before trying to dive into something you don't understand. What exactly are you trying to do with ControlClick() anyway? If you want to send some text to a certain window ControlSend() would probably work but if it doesn't ControlClick() the control to activate it then use ControlSend(). If you don't want to go through the changes to the includes immediately just add #AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=y to the top of your script and that should handle it for the time being.

Aight, thanks... And no my friend has requested I make some bot for some internet thing he does... I really have no idea what it is, but he gave me certain coordinates and how many seconds to delay between each click, but he wants it rann 24/7 and without background clicking, he couldnt ever play his computer... So I'm trying to help him out here :P

And what 'includes' what i have to adjust... I only have 1 include on top of all my autoit programs atm which is:

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

what what i have to change that to, to make it the same when i upgrade?

And thanks a bunch!

I must go to bed now... A quick question which i hope is answered before i get home from school tmr is:

When I put in the coords to click with the ControlClick function... Do I use the ControlClick Coords from AU3Info or MouseClick Coords from AU3Info?

And another question... In the Control Tab on AU3Info the Control ID is the number in the Control tab to the right of the word 'ID'.... Whatever number is there is what i put as my controlID when I use the ControlClick function?

Thanks in advance :P

It really depends on your code, some functions have been moved to different includes so the only way to know is to run your script and find out which (if any) functions don't work now. A lot of games have a block so make sure the one he wants to run on either doesn't have one or he has a bypass for it. Most games also you can just use the window title and send the keys with ControlSend(). I don't think ControlClick() works with relative coordinates though, so the only way is to use MouseClick() and just not use the computer during the bot's running. If this is over your head you really should just have someone else do it for you. There are a few people here who wouldn't mind if you paid them and there's also rentacoder.com for this. Some people charge a lot, some don't charge much, some charge depending on the level of difficulty. For instance, if I were to take this on personally if I could finish it within a few hours it would only be $5 but if I had to find a bypass for a gameguard the price would increase because time and difficulty increased.