Dos to AutoIt converter

Robin

Is there any help files icw translating "Dos" commands to "autoit"-script?

I am new to this as I'm used to the DOS commands...

1) I have noticed there is a "_RunDOS" command for running DOS, but is it continuously, or do you have to type "_RunDOS" in EVERY line of the DOS command?

2) Is there (Maybe) a tutorial with a DOS2AUTOIT "command-translation"? ( as i think a lot of ppl that use Dos, would like something like this...giving a person a sort of "Turbo-Start" in AutoIt :P

Is there any help files icw translating "Dos" commands to "autoit"-script?

I am new to this as I'm used to the DOS commands...

1) I have noticed there is a "_RunDOS" command for running DOS, but is it continuously, or do you have to type "_RunDOS" in EVERY line of the DOS command?

2) Is there (Maybe) a tutorial with a DOS2AUTOIT "command-translation"? ( as i think a lot of ppl that use Dos, would like something like this...giving a person a sort of "Turbo-Start" in AutoIt :P

Why not do a bat file and then run it?

When the words fail... music speaks.

Why not do a bat file and then run it?

The reason is i like to get the "messagebox" feeling as well :(

If i can get use to THIS type of script-programming, just think of all the stuff a person can do with it...To be honest, im a 100% script-newbie :P

There is no translation table DOS --> AutoIt.

But if you know DOS BAT commands and read basics about AutoIt (Helpfile is really nice!) then all will be clear to you.

If you will be still in troubles feel free to post question here about concrete BAT commands.

Thx Zedna...Maybe ther IS only one way of learning...and that's the HARD way :P

...dunno why, but i just LIKE this AUTOIT...and i dont even know it yet...lol

Reminds me of "woman"...The more GRIEF they give a man, the more we love 'em :(

Edited by Robin

I started autoit because I had a batch file that fixed broken software installations of our product, but I wanted it to be location-independant for which I needed to read the registry. Then within weeks I had a total cockpit with all kinds of quick functions and it's saving me hours of DOS time every week :P WELL, WELL worth the effort to get into it if you do a lot of manual work now.

Having prior programming experience in is a major plus though, but if you do extreme dos batch files it should also provide a good head start. Just think logically about what things you want your program to do, imagine what the function would be named and 90% sure you find it with one help search. What I also did back then, just invest the time and read through at least the command list in the help file one time, and check out any function that sounds interesting. Virtually everything has example scripts too. Learn by playing.

Cheers.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.