Create "breaks" in script for validation

dew

I use to use an "old" program called Visual Test (by Microsoft v1 and then Rational v3). In their scripts I was able to inserts 'breaks' in order to watch each section I was testing.

My question is, is there a similar function in AutoIt where I can set a break point and then continue to the next break point?

thanks ahead time,

dew

I use to use an "old" program called Visual Test (by Microsoft v1 and then Rational v3). In their scripts I was able to inserts 'breaks' in order to watch each section I was testing.

My question is, is there a similar function in AutoIt where I can set a break point and then continue to the next break point?

thanks ahead time,

dew

Can you explain what a break point in the script was? Wast it just line in the script where it stopped untill you said continue like a debugger can for example?

And were the breakpoints fixed or do you want to you change them to be what you want at any time in which case it sounds like you need a debugger.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Can you explain what a break point in the script was? Wast it just line in the script where it stopped untill you said continue like a debugger can for example?

And were the breakpoints fixed or do you want to you change them to be what you want at any time in which case it sounds like you need a debugger.

martin,

Yes, it is a debugger where you set a break point (program stops). I would like to either go on or quit the program at this point or at the next break point.

martin,

Yes, it is a debugger where you set a break point (program stops). I would like to either go on or quit the program at this point or at the next break point.

There are a couple of debuggers which will do what you want that I know of.

One by Stumpii.

You need the .net framework for Stumpii's.

And one by me with a link in my signature, written to work without .net.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

There are a couple of debuggers which will do what you want that I know of.

One by Stumpii.

You need the .net framework for Stumpii's.

And one by me with a link in my signature, written to work without .net.

Thanks for the help, I'll check your routine out and update you later.

I know it may not be the best solution, but if I need a script to stop while I'm debugging it, I just use a message box. You can always kill the script if it's not working as expected.

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.