Help for a novice

longtex

I have a friend who is a complete novice at programming. I thought perhaps AU3 might be a decent place to start. I thought I'd send her instructions on how to download and install it, and join the forum, and then...

I reckon I need to explain briefly the programming process to her and show her how the editor works and how to Go and Build, but I'm still gonna need to point her at some good material describing the nuts and bolts... there's lots of stuff for languages like VB and PHP, with tons of examples, but is there anything for AU3? I know there are examples, and samples in much of the doc/manual, but is there any progressive training docs?

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

I think the help file for auto it is pretty good for this. Just tell her to go through that and look at some example code... read the forums and that is a pretty good start right there.

Edited by SoulA

I've got just the thing for you to help your friend.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

Have her download and install the AutoIt Suite. then go to the link above. It is a class on how to use AutoIt. Valuater designed it, and he made it easy and fun to learn. It will even talk to you! Hope this helps.

Wow! Thanks! I think this may be the fastest answer I've ever seen to a post... maybe it kinda helps because it's a pretty simple one, but, still...

I'll def pass this along to her... hell, I'll even look at it my own self!

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?