Create GUI without losing a pull down or start menu

I have a script that clicks a file pull down menu. I want to display a gui after the pull down menu is clicked. Right now when I do this, the new gui deactivates the pull down menu. I can do a winwaitactive for the gui and then immediately click the pull down menu again, but this is visually annoying. It makes it appear, disappear, and then appear again.

Any way I can display this gui without canceling the pull down (or start) menu?

Right now I am using $WS_EX_Layered + $WS_EX_TOPMOST.

And yes, I need to do this. No I don't want to find some other way to click the menu item.

Thanks

You're really limiting your options. You want it done your way with your rules, which honestly will piss most people off. If you don't want to do it another way and you're not open to options most people aren't going to help. If you were open to suggestions on different approaches you may find something better, but since you're only willing to do it your way then I have one suggestion: Read the helpfile thoroughly. Good luck.

You're really limiting your options. You want it done your way with your rules, which honestly will piss most people off. If you don't want to do it another way and you're not open to options most people aren't going to help. If you were open to suggestions on different approaches you may find something better, but since you're only willing to do it your way then I have one suggestion: Read the helpfile thoroughly. Good luck.

Generally speaking, people get too upset online. If someone had a similar predicament in person more people would be willing to chime in with anything they could.

Maybe try to do only

WinSetState("", "", @SW_HIDE)

WinSetState("", "", @SW_SHOW)

instead of creating it and activating it. But I'm not sure if that show without "activated" state.

Try to search for some windows style/exstyle or windows state representing "no activate". I think I have seen something like this before.

Honestly i don't care that your not open to other options im going to say this anyway i would try ControlSend() i don't see how it could be worse then mouseclick and it might work without actually activating the window and also i would like to know WHY you want to do it your way when your way could possibly be a lot worse?

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

...i would like to know WHY you want to do it your way when your way...?

This is a script that uses both autoit and user interaction. The user needs to click start, then autoit displays something without canceling their click of Start. I wasn't clear in the first post that it is a user that opens the menu, autoit that displays a gui.

Before when I created the gui After they clicked start, that negated the users mouse click. Now that I create the GUI first and just move it I am all set.

I have a script that clicks a file pull down menu. I want to display a gui after the pull down menu is clicked. Right now when I do this, the new gui deactivates the pull down menu. I can do a winwaitactive for the gui and then immediately click the pull down menu again, but this is visually annoying. It makes it appear, disappear, and then appear again.

Any way I can display this gui without canceling the pull down (or start) menu?

Right now I am using $WS_EX_Layered + $WS_EX_TOPMOST.

And yes, I need to do this. No I don't want to find some other way to click the menu item.

Thanks

One way you could do this is to use WinMenuSelectItem. That way you could get what you want from the menu without having to click on it.

One way you could do this is to use WinMenuSelectItem. That way you could get what you want from the menu without having to click on it.

Perhaps a good thing to know for other scripts, but in this case a user must click the menu item. It is a tutorial of sorts where the user actually does everything. Creating the gui first and then moving it is working out fine.