Run Probleme .doc

Hi all,

in my gui i have got a button to open a man:

Run(QComSpec & " /c " & 'man\blaman.doc', "", @SW_HIDE)

The problem i have is that several people use the gui at the same time... and sometimes they want to open the blaman.doc at the same time...

If you open a doc from the network while another person has got access word ask you to open it in write protect mode...

But if i hit the button in my gui during somebody has access on the doc nothing happens...

Does sombody knows an solution?

Use a database. That supports multi-user editing. Why do you need to open the same doc on different computers at the same time? Perhaps if we know a bit more of your needs we can think of a more helpful solution.

Use a database. That supports multi-user editing. Why do you need to open the same doc on different computers at the same time? Perhaps if we know a bit more of your needs we can think of a more helpful solution.

because the gui is an multiuser admin interface.

the easy solution for my problem shoud be if i can use the windows "start/run" aplication...

try to open a doc from the commandline on 2 pcs

and try to open the same doc in "start/run"...

I have a script or two that opens Word documents, and have no problem with multiple users going after the same document. Once the file is locked for editing by the first user, subsequent users get the "read-only/copy/cancel" prompt. I generally access Word either via COM+ or with something like

ShellExecute('winword.exe', '/a /q "' & $WordDoc & '"')

Maybe that'll behave differently for you?

Edited by Spiff59