WinGetText not returning text that I want

Hello,

The WinGetText function is not returning the text from the main menu of the window I have open. It's returning text from a status bar on the bottom. I used Au3info.exe to see what's going. I am unable to see the text that I want using the "Visible Text" tab or the "Hidden Text" tab. I am however able to get the specific class value of the area I'm trying to get text from. Is it possible to grab text using the Class value?

Thanks for your time.

Hello,

The WinGetText function is not returning the text from the main menu of the window I have open. It's returning text from a status bar on the bottom. I used Au3info.exe to see what's going. I am unable to see the text that I want using the "Visible Text" tab or the "Hidden Text" tab. I am however able to get the specific class value of the area I'm trying to get text from. Is it possible to grab text using the Class value?

Thanks for your time.

What window you have open?

When the words fail... music speaks.

Hello,

Thanks for your time.

ControlGetText() -- You can use the advanced control ID specification to use class and instance to specify the control.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

ControlGetText() -- You can use the advanced control ID specification to use class and instance to specify the control.

:P

Ok, I just tried this and it didn't work:

$ActText = ControlGetText("CSYS - EXTRA! X-treme","","[CLASS:Afx:400000:202b:10011:6:0; INSTANCE:1]")
MsgBox(0,"Title",$ActText)

I got the third argument from the "Advanced(Class)" property.

Ok, I just tried this and it didn't work:

$ActText = ControlGetText("CSYS - EXTRA! X-treme","","[CLASS:Afx:400000:202b:10011:6:0; INSTANCE:1]")
MsgBox(0,"Title",$ActText)

I got the third argument from the "Advanced(Class)" property.

If there is any more info I can post to assist with this, please let me know.