MSN Messenger Issue !

Armand

Hi there,

Credits for the findings goes to "Oren" [a member of this forum.]

After having an issue with launching a process using command lines I've done some research and realized my function was blocked because MSN Messenger (while connected) creates a window title with the value of 0, thus blocking my process launching which was built on the idea that there is no such window handle as 0 in use....

Anyhow:

If WinExists(0) Then
    MsgBox(0, "", "Window exists")
EndIf

Will show the MsgBox only if Msn Messenger is on and connected !!!

P.S -> i didn't know where should one put such a msg so i did it in here, since i figured that maybe it should be added to the help file so that others won't get stuck due to this issue !!!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

What?

I dont think the problem is with autoit...

The problem is with MSN massanger...

From all the letters and words they could choose they choose the number "0" to there process? , Why not 0000000, why not "00101010" Why no "0MSN"

Edited by oren

Could always do something like this:

MsgBox(64, 'Info', 'HWND = ' & _HWNDGetByPID(ProcessExists('msnmsgr.exe')))

Func _HWNDGetByPID($iPID)
    If $iPID <> 0 Then
        $aWinList = WinList()
        For $i = 1 To $aWinList[0][0]
            If WinGetProcess($aWinList[$i][0]) = $iPID Then
                $hWnd = $aWinList[$i][1]
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
    Return $hWnd
EndFunc  ;==>_HWNDGetByPID

Guys, i'm not saying there is a problem in AU3.... but instead only saying that a warning in the help file could be nice....

someone should lock this topic....

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

Thats like telling the school bully to stop bullying you. Do that, then they laugh at you and steal your lunch money....

Yeah. So during lunch, you sharpen your plastic cafeteria knife, stab the bully's eyeballs out, and take your money back. You get bonus points if you use a spork.

Guys, It's not that since it's incompatible with AU3 they should change it.... it's AU3 that should protect it's users and write it down somewhere....

Would someone LOCK THIS TOPIC ?! :mellow:

though it is kinda funny seeing how has it developed that way.... i think these convo.s are more to do in the chat zone.