Now that's just rude...

PsaltyDS

Submission rejected as potential spam (Akismet says content is spam)

I got this reply when attempting to create a new bug trac ticket. Akismet is blind pin head, and I question his parentage... whoever he is...

:mellow:

Any attempt to include a link to the source topic triggers the spam detection, in or out of the provided link tag button.

:(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Good. Maybe it'll encourage people to actually do some leg-work and summarize their issues instead of posting something like this:

\U,\u,\L,\l escape sequences from Help not worked

This ticket is result of thread: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82926

I think my comment in that ticket sums up my thoughts succinctly:

In the future, summarize and demonstrate the issue in your ticket. If we wanted to use the forum for bug tracking we would still be using the forum for bug tracking.

I've looked at the trac logs and tweaked the spam filter every so slightly.

Gracias, señor Juan.

I see Valik's point, but I would think even a full and concise problem description is not really complete without a link to the discussion that lead to it. We do want the issue discussed in Support first to see if it's really bug. Providing the link is just a way to show that vetting has been done.

Of course, where the link is not accompanied by the "full and consise" part, rejection of the ticket would be quite appropriate.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Well, possibly one link to autoitscript.com should be allowed, when the text reaches a certain lentgh)

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Well, possibly one link to autoitscript.com should be allowed, when the text reaches a certain lentgh)

Hmm. Were it not for a general laziness I would almost look into writing a script/plugin that enforced such criteria.

• Administrators

Hmm. Were it not for a general laziness I would almost look into writing a script/plugin that enforced such criteria.

The plugin already assigns karma to multiple external links, so that wasn't the problem in this case. It was the askimet part as we currently had it setup so that if askimet said it was bad it was pretty much a sure deny. I've reduced that by a single point to see what happens.

Things like having a session with an email address entered can also help raise the "score".

The plugin already assigns karma to multiple external links, so that wasn't the problem in this case. It was the askimet part as we currently had it setup so that if askimet said it was bad it was pretty much a sure deny. I've reduced that by a single point to see what happens.

Things like having a session with an email address entered can also help raise the "score".

I was referring to something that forced people to actually put useful descriptions in order to also link-back to the originating topic. I hate opening a ticket only to have to open a forum and read half-way through a forum thread to find something that's probably not a bug anyway all because the poster is too lazy to bother summarizing and demonstrating the issue on the tracker.

Hey Valik, Kim Jong-il is looking for someone to take over N.Korea :mellow:

The downside to making the bug reporting system too complex and too restrictive is that you'll be seeing more of the following which is not what you want:

I want to report bug with latest AutoIt beta. I really don't have time to go with bug report system, so I'm reporting here.

I must admit, since installing the new bug tracking system, I've stopped reporting bugs because it all seems too much of a hassle now - but that's only because I'm even lazier than Valik :( , however, it's obviously a better way of doing things.

So it's a hassle to...

• Open a page.
  • Click a link.
  • Type some information.
  • Hit submit.
Let's compare that to the forum where you have to...

• Open a page.
  • Click a link.
  • Type some information.
  • Hit submit.
So, yeah... we really made it a lot more complex, didn't we?

I see this a lot from guys involved in IT. They make the mistake of assuming just because they find it easy, everyone should. As I said, I don't find it simple to use at all, however, I'm sure others manage just fine. As far as anyone knows, I'm the only one that has a problem with it, so on the law of averages, it's working well, therefore, don't worry about it.