$szSearchString

Robin

I got the "$szSearchString" statement right at the end and my "creation" is working perfectly with NO probs...I have one question though...Why is it that "$szSearchString or $szReplaceString" doesn't get mentioned in the example-help-file, instead it is called $filename,$find,$replace ? sorry if its a stupid question guys...just curious

I got the "$szSearchString" statement right at the end and my "creation" is working perfectly with NO probs...I have one question though...Why is it that "$szSearchString or $szReplaceString" doesn't get mentioned in the example-help-file, instead it is called $filename,$find,$replace ? sorry if its a stupid question guys...just curious

you mean for _ReplaceStringInFile()?

the sz notation prefix is for string I believe, and f is for something else (used in this case for options). You should look at the UDF in the include file. A function definition uses variable names like that as descriptive representations, your variables that you feed to the function are what the functions actually use, if that makes sense. Not sure I'm explaining it as well as it could be explained.

Edited by maqleod
[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software

you mean for _ReplaceStringInFile()?

the sz notation prefix is for string I believe, and f is for something else (used in this case for options). You should look at the UDF in the include file. A function definition uses variable names like that as descriptive representations, your variables that you feed to the function are what the functions actually use, if that makes sense. Not sure I'm explaining it as well as it could be explained.

O ok...i see its just a type of "reference" so to speak...i was under the impression it was a "command" that AutoIt strictly was using :mellow: