Scripting Questions

Josh

Hi,

My name is Josh, i am fairly new at AutoIT I have a few questions. First, is it possible to send a POST request from an auto IT script to a CGI file? if so, how do i do it? also, I have a question about waitwinactive() I am trying to use this in my program for send keys how ever, the window title of the window i am trying to send keys to constantly changes its title based on the session id which the citrix client assigns randomly, is there any way to send keys to this window or get the window title? Also, does any one know how to run the auto it script with paramaters meaning i am using the script to log in but the login name and password changes depending on who is runnign the script so is there any way possible to pass the username and password in the instance the compiled script is running? last but not least, i would like to if at all possible open the citrix client, and hide the window send the keys to log in then display the window. I Would reall appericate if anyone could help me out on any of these questions..

Thanks,

Josh

Everything but the POST question can be answered by reading the helpfile. Your question about POST can be answered by doing a forum search, it has been asked before.

Everything but the POST question can be answered by reading the helpfile. Your question about POST can be answered by doing a forum search, it has been asked before.

Thanks,

Sorry for wasting the Forum's time!

Plain and simply people aren't going to write a code for you. Do some reading, try a code,if it doesn't work show us and we'll help. If you want someone to give you all the answers you'd probably be better off just having someone else write it. By the way, it's WinWaitActive(), not trying to be a smartass but mistakes like that can really cause confusion in code and questions.

Hi,

Let me start off by saying, i have searched the internet and this forum allready yet i have come up empty. also, i am not looking for anyone to write the code for me, i am just trying to figure out what method i need to use. I am trying to post data to a cgi file, what is the best way?

Thanks,

Josh

• Moderators

Do not start multiple topics on the same subject.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hi,

My name is Josh, i am fairly new at AutoIT I have a few questions. First, is it possible to send a POST request from an auto IT script to a CGI file? if so, how do i do it? also, I have a question about waitwinactive() I am trying to use this in my program for send keys how ever, the window title of the window i am trying to send keys to constantly changes its title based on the session id which the citrix client assigns randomly, is there any way to send keys to this window or get the window title? Also, does any one know how to run the auto it script with paramaters meaning i am using the script to log in but the login name and password changes depending on who is runnign the script so is there any way possible to pass the username and password in the instance the compiled script is running? last but not least, i would like to if at all possible open the citrix client, and hide the window send the keys to log in then display the window. I Would reall appericate if anyone could help me out on any of these questions..

Thanks,

Josh

Your asking Lots of questions. I think you are trying to put the cart in front of the horse. (No offense) It does look like you want to learn so lets start out with something so you can get the basics down first. Have you tried taking Valuater's AutoIt 1 2 3 program? If not, it is a great way to start learning.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

It does sound like you plan to have a big project in front of you, so lets make sure you get started on the right foot.

Oh, and one other thing - Welcome to the forum!

Your asking Lots of questions. I think you are trying to put the cart in front of the horse. (No offense) It does look like you want to learn so lets start out with something so you can get the basics down first. Have you tried taking Valuater's AutoIt 1 2 3 program? If not, it is a great way to start learning.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

It does sound like you plan to have a big project in front of you, so lets make sure you get started on the right foot.

Oh, and one other thing - Welcome to the forum!

Volly, Thank you very much!