Installing msi

ryandao

Hi everyone and thanks for viewing.

I'm trying to install Symantec Antivirus using their msi file. I want to use it with the switched below but it doesn't work. The run command comes back with an error. I probaly need to use more quotes but I don't know where.

Thanks for you help

RD

Run('D:\SAV902\Symantec Antivirus.msi /l*v C:\IT\SAV902_Install.log RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=Force ADDLOCAL=SAVMain,SAVUI,SAVHelp,EMailTools,OutlookSnapin,Pop3Smtp,QClient /qb!')

Tried that...no luck. Below are the code I have tried and the error I received.

RunWait(@COMSPEC & " /c Start d:\myfile.msi") - file doesn't exist

RunWait("msiexec myfile.msi") - the msiexec help menu appears

I verified the file exist. I can run it from the run command.

Any idea?

Thx.

Hi everyone and thanks for viewing.

I'm trying to install Symantec Antivirus using their msi file.  I want to use it with the switched below but it doesn't work.  The run command comes back with an error.  I probaly need to use more quotes but I don't know where.

Thanks for you help

RD

Run('D:\SAV902\Symantec Antivirus.msi /l*v C:\IT\SAV902_Install.log RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=Force ADDLOCAL=SAVMain,SAVUI,SAVHelp,EMailTools,OutlookSnapin,Pop3Smtp,QClient /qb!')

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try putting in the following code in place of "D:\myfile.msi"

RunWait(@COMSPEC & ' /c Start "D:\SAV902\Symantec Antivirus.msi /l*v C:\IT\SAV902_Install.log RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=Force ADDLOCAL=SAVMain,SAVUI,SAVHelp,EMailTools,OutlookSnapin,Pop3Smtp,QClient /qb!"')

:psycho2:The trick is getting the single (') and double (") quotes in the right places.

The "Start" command doesn't like spaces and the RunWait @comspec is a little tricky to pass double quotes to....but with a little practice, you'll figure it out. :lmao:

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Neither worked. The first code gets me to a command prompt. The second opened the help menu for msiexec. I know it can be done with the correct location of " and ' but I can't figure it out.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

Thx