AutoIt Object-Oriented Preprocessor

Kip

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Introducing OO as you call it is a step forward in some scripting language.

As far as I know, Visual Basic was nice scripting language. Then .NET came, along with OO and version 2005 was most complicated, most bloated and most BRILLIANT version ever.

Talking on AutoIt, the OO might be implented in version 4. Making AutoIt OO in version 4 (in near future, when UDF and function library grew to a maybe even bigger collection, which including all posted UDFs on the forums I estimate on around 1 500) would maybe make AutoIt easier and better (think of classes and UDFs! ahh!) but AutoIt veterans might not be comfortable (not sure how its written) with new changes. I like AutoIt as it's now, and I do not think it needs OO. Still, in near future (like, 1, 2 years), when number of UDFs and functions really GROWS it would be right time to switch to OO AutoIt. :(

Someone has removed all his posts... :mellow:

Now it looks like I've been talking to ghosts :)

Aren't you? ;)

I can do signature me.

Actually, couldn't you use this to convert code from object oriented languages to AutoIt? It would be neat to be able to convert java (or have huge amounts of Java automatically converted with minimal manual work.)

Kip you are spamming this nice thread!!

Seven in a row?!?? That's too much man.

What's the matter? Come on, say it...

OK, stop hi-jacking the thread now.. :mellow:

Actually, couldn't you use this to convert code from object oriented languages to AutoIt? It would be neat to be able to convert java (or have huge amounts of Java automatically converted with minimal manual work.)

That's not bad idea at all.

I can do signature me.