file and directory copy speed

Hi, I am making myself another program with autoit to archive files, i have already created a function to detect how large a file or folder is and add the extension to it e.g. bytes kb mb gb and o_O as i dbout any file will reach the terrabytes in this day and age. but anyway, i was wondering if you could find out how fast autoit copies files and directories so that i can create an estimated time label on my gui to show approximateley how long it would take to archive the file / folder.

here is a screenshot of my app just for reference, not that it helps XD.

Interpreters have great power!Although they live in the shadow of compiled programming languages an interpreter can do anything that a compiled language can do, you just have to code it right.

sorry maybe i didnt explain clearley enough, i dont want a progress bar or anything like that (not yet anyway), i just want a way of finding out how long it would take to do the archiving.

Interpreters have great power!Although they live in the shadow of compiled programming languages an interpreter can do anything that a compiled language can do, you just have to code it right.

sorry maybe i didnt explain clearley enough, i dont want a progress bar or anything like that (not yet anyway), i just want a way of finding out how long it would take to do the archiving.

Again, that would be a great place to start looking for the type of info you might want.

8)

NEWHeader1.png