Autoit and IE

Hi!

very new user on this magic tool and good scripts running !

But i can't find if it is possible to search into a web page (loaded with _IEo or through Run(explorer ...)

I explain :

- Once page is loading, I would like to wait (through a while ... wend loop for example) before going on with script

I use a sleep(9000) for the moment it works but I'm sure there is a fastest way

- Once page is loaded, I would like to check if a word is present into the IE screen

on a specific case, I have a page on which a specific word is written : "PLEASE GIVE NAME :" and after that, there is a box where you can enter the desired input

I could run a mouseclick() on desired position, but this position may vary depending on the day !!

So if I could match the text I want on the IE page, and then click just after to be on the box to fill (or type through send("MYNAME")) : it would be marvelous !

Also, problem of position may vary depending on how many Bars you have installed under MenuBar of IE

Thanks in advance for help !

Izarra64 :(:mellow:

Hi!

very new user on this magic tool and good scripts running !

But i can't find if it is possible to search into a web page (loaded with _IEo or through Run(explorer ...)

I explain :

- Once page is loading, I would like to wait (through a while ... wend loop for example) before going on with script

I use a sleep(9000) for the moment it works but I'm sure there is a fastest way

- Once page is loaded, I would like to check if a word is present into the IE screen

on a specific case, I have a page on which a specific word is written : "PLEASE GIVE NAME :" and after that, there is a box where you can enter the desired input

I could run a mouseclick() on desired position, but this position may vary depending on the day !!

So if I could match the text I want on the IE page, and then click just after to be on the box to fill (or type through send("MYNAME")) : it would be marvelous !

Also, problem of position may vary depending on how many Bars you have installed under MenuBar of IE

Thanks in advance for help !

Izarra64 :(:mellow:

You seem to have good idea of how to achieve your goal.

Please search through the example scripts threads and you will find that there is a lot of functions and UDFs which will assist you.

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.

This is what I use, I am sure some gurus could make this prettier, but it works for me.

Func WaitPageLoad ($sTitle)
Do 
    Sleep (500)
    $oFrame = _IEFrameGetObjByName ($oIE, "frame_area")
    If $oFrame.document.title = $sTitle Then
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Until 1 = 2
EndFunc

It basically waits for the frame's page to load by checking the page title. This works for me since the site I am going to doesn't show the data I need to parse until the whole page loads and displays the title.

I hope that if this doesn't work for you it might get you in the right direction.

Bre