_ResourceSetImageToCtrl no longer works (for me)

sensalim

Hi,

Since I update to v3.2.12.1

my GUI no longer display any buttons.

The buttons are using _ResourceSetImageToCtrl()

I have the resources.au3 (is it outdated?)

Help.

Thanks.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=C:\AutoIT_Scripts\Icons\Calendar.bmp, bitmap, BMP_CALENDAR
$bA[2] = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 8, 2, 38, 38)
_ResourceSetImageToCtrl($bA[2], "BMP_CALENDAR", $RT_BITMAP)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Calendar")
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "opencalendar")
$bD[2] = "Calendar"

Well, this is a problem in Au3Wrapper...

In AutoIt3Wrapper from latest Scite4AutoIt3 (2008-03-08) is changed behaviour in placing resources into wrong sections and also with different ResNames. It's always placed into RCData section and ResNames are assigned as numbers 1,2,3,...

This is reason why I reverted back from simpler

[__PRE_PROTECTED">

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[/__PRE_PROTECTED]

to

#AutoIt3Wrapper_useupx=n
        #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=ResHacker.exe -add %out%, %out%, test_1.txt, rcdata, TEST_TXT_1, 0
        #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=ResHacker.exe -add %out%, %out%, image1.bmp, bitmap, TEST_BMP_1, 0
        #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=ResHacker.exe -add %out%, %out%, image2.bmp, bitmap, TEST_BMP_2, 0
        #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=ResHacker.exe -add %out%, %out%, binary1.dat, rcdata, TEST_BIN_1, 0
        #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=ResHacker.exe -add %out%, %out%, C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav, sound, TEST_WAV_1, 0
          #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=upx.exe --compress-resources=0 "%out%"

This may be fixed in some next version of AutoIt3Wrapper/Scite4AutoIt3 ...

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=ResHacker.exe -add %out%, %out%, Icons\Calendar.bmp, bitmap, BMP_CALENDAR, 0
$bA[2] = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 8, 2, 38, 38)
_ResourceSetImageToCtrl($bA[2], "BMP_CALENDAR", $RT_BITMAP)
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Calendar")
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "opencalendar")
$bD[2] = "Calendar"

Changed that and still doesn't show...

Did you turn off UPX before adding the resource?

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Yes sir.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_useupx=n

Edit:

Actually it says

'ResHacker.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Hm... I need to edit my scite options...

Edit:

I can't find a way to edit scite's option ... help?

Edited by sensalim

I put that reshacker (all files)'s directory (e:\progra~1\reshack) to windows path (control panel > system > advanced > environment variables > path) -- still says the same. Do I need to restart computer?

Try to put it in AutoIt3Wrapper directory or into script directory

or use absolute path in

#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=ResHacker.exe

Try to put it in AutoIt3Wrapper directory or into script directory

or use absolute path in

#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_after=ResHacker.exe

Actually I'm not sure if the new wrapper version still uses ResHacker. That's a question for Jos. However I am sure that Jos made a change a long time ago that would allow you to use the ResHacker Installer from my web site and then read the install location from the registry so It doesn't have to be where you stated at all. That was done so that more than one app could easily access the ResHacker files instead of installing multiple copies.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"