Can PixelSearch be used on Minimized Window?

jimmer

Don't think so... maybe a DLLCall can.

Come to think of it I saw GetPixel (I think) yesturday on MSDN, but I'm not sure how to specify hwnd's.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

hwnd is short for 'Window Handle', the specific ID of a window regardless of its title.

DLLCall is an AutoIT function able to use Dynamic Link Libraries internal functions, like the actual command windows uses for mouse clicks, or drawing things on the screen.

MSDN is a huge database Microsoft has of it's API (aplication protocol interface, I think). Which is basically a huge help file :lmao:

I'm researching this right now, if I can figure this out then this will make my f'ing day.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Bump*

Anyone know if GetPixel can be used on a minimized window?

OR

Is GetPixel faster then PixelGetColor in AutoIT?

Bump****

Come to think of it I saw GetPixel (I think) yesturday on MSDN, but I'm not sure how to specify hwnd's.

to specify hwnd's it depeneds... some things say: hWnd; HWND.. and osme say things like hDC; DEVICE CONTEXT... not exactly what they say but, u know, if they say HDC u have to do something like this

$dc= DllCall ("user32.dll", "int", "GetDC", "hwnd", $handle)

; SOME DLLCALL FUNCTION HERE

$realesedc= DllCall ("user32.dll", "int", "ReleaseDC", "hwnd", 0,  "int", $dc[0])
FootbaG

Which I did do.

Wanna try this out Layer? I can't get it to work, maybe you can.

Also I think the second array element ($dc[1] for example) stores the DC.

EDIT -- Included what I've done so far.

Test_Drawer.au3

Edited by Insolence