RichEdit UDF

ProgAndy

I add in RichEdit.au3 this:

If Not IsDeclared("E_INVALIDARG") THen
    Global Const $E_INVALIDARG = 0x80070057
EndIf

And again same error... and than put Include in first line and get this:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ImageListConstants.au3(10,41) : ERROR: $E_INVALIDARG previously declared as a 'Const'
    Global Const $E_INVALIDARG = 0x80070057

Than I added what you said to ImageListConstants.au3 and again, same error...

Edit: How to create RichEdit in Tab? :mellow:

Edited by n3nE

[quote name='dbzfanatic' post='609696' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:46 AM']This is a help forum not a "write this for me" forum.[/quote](Sorry for bad English) :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@n3nE: There are 2 errors

1) Au3Check lists this error -> it says POSSIBLY, becuase of the If Not Isdeclared, it can't determine, when this will be declared. Running Script should be fine :mellow:

2) The error is from AutoIt.exe -> Then it is a real declaration error.

Btw. This constant is not used from me, and the user won't need it. Just remove it :( I#ll do that in the next version, too.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

the edges are included in standard style. To use remove them, just set the parameter v_styles to 0

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Hi again, why is Hiding of Richedit so sloooow?! :S

i have a few RichEdit's, and I hide it and show it with tabs, and there are very sloooow... why?! :S

[quote name='dbzfanatic' post='609696' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:46 AM']This is a help forum not a "write this for me" forum.[/quote](Sorry for bad English) :)

I can't change this... This is a problem of the control itself, i think.

But you can try, if this works faster:

ControlHide($h_RichEdit,"","")

ControlShow($h_RichEdit,"","")

Work Ok now...

One more question :mellow:

Is possible to detect double click on RichEdit?

To detect double clicks, you have to subclass the RichEdit. But if you only wanat to detect click on Links, it should work this way:

Case $iCode = $EN_LINK
                    Local $ENLINK = DllStructCreate($tagENLINK,$ilParam)
                    Local $Link_Msg = DllStructGetData($ENLINK,4)
                    If $Link_Msg = $WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK Then MsgBox(0, '', "DblClick")
Edited by ProgAndy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again, can you made func for removing RichEdit? Because if delete it with WinClose or some similar func memory usage will be rising!

try this:

_WinAPI_DestroyWindow($h_richedit)

are there other possibilities to to it?

//Edit: if this works as expected , I'll add it

Edited by ProgAndy

well, i think thats the only possibility. in AHK it's done the same way...

I will add it in the next version anyway, but why do you need it?

Edited by ProgAndy

For my IRC Client... In it you can open and close query/channel window countless times, and I made it perfectly, but when use Client a little longer time, Memory Usage will bigger and bigger... because of RichEdit... :)

huh, strange, not even controlhide works for me =(, am I missing something?

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiRichEdit.au3>
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 448, 81, 193, 125)
$Input1 = _GUICtrlRichEdit_CreateInput($Form1, 8, 8, 385, 21, BitOR($WS_CHILD, $WS_VISIBLE, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL), $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE)
$button_show = GUICtrlCreateButton("SHOW", 8, 35)
$button_hide = GUICtrlCreateButton("HIDE", 200, 35)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        case $button_show
;~          WinSetState($Input1, "", @SW_SHOW)
            ControlShow($Input1, "", "")
        Case $button_hide
;~          WinSetState($Input1, "", @SW_HIDE)
            ControlHide($Input1, "", "")
    EndSwitch
WEnd

am I missing something?

Well, lots actually.

First, your syntax of ControlHide() is wrong. The first parameter is the title or window handle or the window that owns the control, the second param is some text in that window (if you need to use it; not necessary if using a window handle), and the third param is some designation of the control you want to interact with. See the helpfile for possible values for this parameter.

So it's gonna be something like this, assuming the correct control ClassNN -

ControlHide($Form1, "", "RICHEDIT50W1")
Edited by wraithdu

Well, lots actually.

First, your syntax of ControlHide() is wrong. The first parameter is the title or window handle or the window that owns the control, the second param is some text in that window (if you need to use it; not necessary if using a window handle), and the third param is some designation of the control you want to interact with. See the helpfile for possible values for this parameter.

So it's gonna be something like this, assuming the correct control ClassNN -

ControlHide($Form1, "", "RICHEDIT50W1")oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×°zYm+"³Z´úè ÝÊÆ¢vêå

neither worked.