Fake mac adress

tombern

Hi

getting the clientname from a PC is easy.. just have a look in the helpfile..

..but change the MAC adress to the clientname.. hm..

are you sure you mean the MAC adress ?? its normal a long HEX Code (like: AE:0F:54:BA:32:FE ) not a string..

mfg

Domonoky

Hi

getting the clientname from a PC is easy.. just have a look in the helpfile..

..but change the MAC adress to the clientname.. hm..

are you sure you mean the MAC adress ??  its normal a long HEX Code (like: AE:0F:54:BA:32:FE ) not a string..

mfg

Domonoky

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi

thanks for the quick reply, the reason I need to do something like that is because of one

application. We have a batch file today that uses the following command.

set netaddr=%clientname%

that's what i'm trying to accomplish.

Regards

Tom

Hi

thanks for the quick reply, the reason I need to do something like that is because of one

application. We have a batch file today that uses the following command.

set netaddr=%clientname%

that's what i'm trying to accomplish.

Regards

Tom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Take a look at the RunWait(@comspec) command. It's in the help file. You'll be able to run dos/cmd commands from your script with that.

If the command in the DOS box is "set netaddr=%clientname%" then all this is doing is setting a DOS environment variable and you can read that with EnvGet("NETADDR") after it's been set.

Take a look at all your environment variables by opening a Start->Run->CMD->enter and then type "set" and hit enter.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Take a look at the RunWait(@comspec) command.  It's in the help file.  You'll be able to run dos/cmd commands from your script with that. 

If the command in the DOS box is "set netaddr=%clientname%" then all this is doing is setting a DOS environment variable and you can read that with EnvGet("NETADDR") after it's been set. 

Take a look at all your environment variables by opening a Start->Run->CMD->enter and then type "set" and hit enter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IIRC, the spawned process gets a COPY of the environment, but they do not share the environment, so I don't think EnvGet() will read what is set by the spawned process.

Hi

First of all let me thank you guys for getting me on the right track. I solved it by using the following command EnvSet("nettadr","%Clientname%").

Now everything works perfectly, and best of all the users will no longer be able to f... with the other settings in the file.

cheers

Tom