Autoit Help 3.2

Was the help file for version 3.2 updated? I've noticed several inconsistencies between the help file and the actual uses of autoit. One such example that I came accross just now is that $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX and $WS_TABSTOP are both common styles with a value of 0x00010000. If they both have the same value, how does autoit know which to use? Also, some of the examples seem unnecessarily complicated, like using BitOr() to specify multiple styles instead of just using +.

edit: Rereading my post, it sounds a little antagonistic, which is not my intent. I am merely wondering if the helpfile is outdated, or if I'm just missing something.

Edited by Aratorin

• Moderators

Was the help file for version 3.2 updated? I've noticed several inconsistencies between the help file and the actual uses of autoit. One such example that I came accross just now is that $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX and $WS_TABSTOP are both common styles with a value of 0x00010000. If they both have the same value, how does autoit know which to use? Also, some of the examples seem unnecessarily complicated, like using BitOr() to specify multiple styles instead of just using +.

edit: Rereading my post, it sounds a little antagonistic, which is not my intent. I am merely wondering if the helpfile is outdated, or if I'm just missing something.

AutoIt didn't create those window styles or their values:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en...les%22&ac=3

Best to ask the "horse".

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

A GUI (Graphic User Interface - a window), and a "GUI control" both have a style parameter in their create functions.

You can not put a MAXIMIZE BOX on a button or label, because they are GUI controls.

AutoIt, Microsoft recognizes the $WS_TABSTOP global cnstant is for a GUI control.

See this thread for an explanation of Bitor()

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=133866