Help getting started...

keilamym

I'm hoping to get a little help to get started... I've used autoit for a while now but NEVER used the GUI interface...

I wrote a script for that basically has 3 input boxes... one for a reg hive name, regkey value i'm looking for, and an input box for device names... i had the tool ping the machine first and it it was online, it would read the values, log it, yadda yadda yadda.... input box was wise that called the autoit script... i'm hoping to move away from wise...

can someone please post a couple small sample scripts i can look at to get started... like can create the edit and input boxes, but is there an easy way to place the info in the GUI? just a few tips would be great

thanks in advance

Edited by keilamym

can someone tell me...

when i create a gui edit box to put a list of PC names... how to i read it into a line to be processed...

do i need to save it as a file, then FileOpen, etc...

or can i just read the list from the edit box?

thanks

zedna

this is just a piece of mu script...

$pclist = GUICtrlCreateEdit ("", 280,15, 100, 175)

$systemlist = GUICtrlRead ($pclist)

MsgBox(4096,"line",$systemlist); (just verify my scipt was working correctly)

the pcnames come back to the message box so i know im reading it, but how can i put it into a line array so i can pull the workstations line by line...

example...

$file = FileOpen("systems.inf", 0)

While 1

$line = FileReadLine($file)

If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop

with this, i can read the lines one by one... i just cant seem to get it into an array from the input box...

zedna

this is just a piece of mu script...

$pclist = GUICtrlCreateEdit ("", 280,15, 100, 175)

$systemlist = GUICtrlRead ($pclist)

MsgBox(4096,"line",$systemlist); (just verify my scipt was working correctly)

the pcnames come back to the message box so i know im reading it, but how can i put it into a line array so i can pull the workstations line by line...

example...

$file = FileOpen("systems.inf", 0)

While 1

$line = FileReadLine($file)

If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop

with this, i can read the lines one by one... i just cant seem to get it into an array from the input box...

If they're each on their own line, you should be able to use StringSplit() on @CRLF with a flag of 1...then it'll be in an array for you that you can loop through like normal.
"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110