Can't Decompile .exe to Script

Hello,

Welcome to the forums. As you are knew I must assume you have not found the search feature. So now I shall refer you on to it... Use it.

But just in case your not able to that decompilation is no longer allowed and no longer allowed to be discussed.

Cheers,

Brett

EDIT: Also you should note that most of these topics get closed if you look at the search results.

Edited by BrettF

Hello,

Welcome to the forums. As you are knew I must assume you have not found the search feature. So now I shall refer you on to it... Use it.

But just in case your not able to that decompilation is no longer allowed and no longer allowed to be discussed.

Cheers,

Brett

EDIT: Also you should note that most of these topics get closed if you look at the search results.

I was curious about the reasoning behind removing the ability to decompile (a decision that I fully support, BTW). I can guess at the reasons behind the decision, but I wanted the official reasoning. So, my first stop was the FAQ, which instructed me to use the forum search for that answer. So, I did a search on "decompile". It gave me 19 pages of results. I started plodding through them, but as you mentioned, most of them were terminated without providing an answer. Unfortunately, I don't have several hours available to spend digging through 19 pages of posts. :mellow:

Perhaps it would be more helpful to include that reasoning in the FAQ rather than advising users to use the forum search (which turns out to be rather ineffectual in this instance)?

I was curious about the reasoning behind removing the ability to decompile (a decision that I fully support, BTW). I can guess at the reasons behind the decision, but I wanted the official reasoning. So, my first stop was the FAQ, which instructed me to use the forum search for that answer. So, I did a search on "decompile". It gave me 19 pages of results. I started plodding through them, but as you mentioned, most of them were terminated without providing an answer. Unfortunately, I don't have several hours available to spend digging through 19 pages of posts. :mellow:

Perhaps it would be more helpful to include that reasoning in the FAQ rather than advising users to use the forum search (which turns out to be rather ineffectual in this instance)?

Had you gone to Page 19 and worked back you would have have found the answer faster. Also you would have found the reason that these threads get closed, because the topic has been discussed to death.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"